Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Name Game

DSC_4277

Luckily for Chris and I we haven't had to work too hard at the name game. When I found out I was pregnant with Bradley, Chris' father Brad had recently passed away. We had only been home from the funeral for a little more than a week when I got a positive pregnancy test! It is hard to imagine how we were able to get pregnant in the mist of all of the saddness and loss that Chris and I had experienced in those winter months. I still remember waiting with dinner for Chris to get home from work so I could tell him about it. Of course he walked in the house and was on the phone with one of his best friends. He paced around talking on the phone for FOREVER before finally getting off to say hi. I couldn't wait one more second, and when I told him he hugged me and picked me up. Then he ran around the first floor screaming and crying. It is a memory that is etched in my mind forever.

Well, we didn't find out what we were having with our last pregnancy. So, we had a boy and girl name picked just in case. We didn't have to look far to come up with our names. Bradley seemed like a perfect fit, and it was an instant hit with the family. My father's name is Patrick, and we loved the way they sounded together..."Bradley Patrick." Perfect we thought, and we didn't even look at or consider anything else.

Now we know we are having a girl, and I couldn't be more excited. So we are using the girl name that we had chosen with our last pregnancy. I know we are boring, but we loved both of these names. If we were having another boy, I think we would have had a long process to figure it all out. This little one will be....

Eleanor "Ellie" Clare

Eleanor is my great granmother's name on my Mom's side of the family. And Clare is my grandmother on my Dad's side and of course my name too!! She will be called Ellie or maybe even Ellie Clare. I am totally thrilled with her name!!!! We are sharing it with friends and family, so I wanted to share it with you too! For us the name game has been easy, and I am so glad that they are all family names to pass on.

Finally getting out of the house this morning, not for school but at least to the gym....YAY!!

15 comments:

Jenny said...

Clare...love the name! So sweet...

Courtney said...

I adore the name Ellie Clare!

Jennifer said...

My Ella's full name is Eleanor, so of course I think it's a perfect choice for your little girl. Enjoy this exciting time!

Lindsay said...

You know I love the name :-) Can't wait for her to get her so I can hold her :-)

OHmommy said...

I love the name Eleanor and considered with both my girls. My girls have very old school names IRL. Im very fond of them.

laura said...

love love love it!!

amy said...

I LOVE IT!!! Ellie is on my "some day" list! ;)

Lisa@verybusymomwith4 said...

What a sweet sweet name for a sweet girl :)

The story of your son's name was really neat!

amanda said...

beautiful choice friend :)

Jodee Leader said...

I love it! It's just perfect!

Krystyn said...

Oh, that's just beautiful. I love it!

Debbie said...

Clare - so fun to share! I absolutely LOVE both Bradley and Ellie's names and it's so sweet to be able to incorporate family names that are so meaningful. Just perfect!! I can't wait to meet this little girl - she'll be here before you know it!! Hope you guys are hanging in there with the snow. Loved the post about the pirate ship. You are so good! XOXO!

3 Peanuts said...

That is a beautiful name and one we considered for Kate as my Mom's name is Eleanor:)

sanjeet said...

love the name Eleanor and considered with both my girls.

How to make a website

日月神教-任我行 said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,色情,080苗栗人聊天室,免費a片,視訊美女