Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I Just Can't Help Myself!!

I must admit, when I click on my blog and see my little liliepie countdown to Ellie I get overjoyed and nervous!! Today it says, "33 weeks and 3 days pregnant, 46 days to go"!!! WOW!! That is coming very quickly.

At my last appointment we discussed a few of my birth options. I think we are just keeping an open mind, and going to see what happens. I had to have a c-section with Bradley because he went into distress during labor. My OB-GYN has been very supportive of a VBAC (Vaginal Birth after Cesarean). Honestly, I haven't thought all that much about either choice. I was SOOOO concerned about Bradley's birth and my 'birth plan' last time. This pregnancy, not so much. I am just so happy to be pregnant, that I will take whatever is thrown at me. Of course at 36 weeks they will begin to check me at each appointment. I think from there, my doctor and I will begin to come up with a plan. The only problem with having a VBAC is I have to go into labor on my own (and they won't let you go over your due date). Hmmmmm.....Bradley was 8 days late, I wasn't doing a thing, and he was HUGE. So, the likely hood that I will go into labor at 38 weeks is pretty slim. So, if nothing is progressing I will most likely schedule a c-section. We talked about different dates, and the date they suggested was March 31st. Nothing is scheduled yet, but that is not far away at all!!!!

Which brings me to my second birth option. No one really 'wants' to have surgery. It is just so hard on the mama and the babe. But, I do feel more comfortable with that happening this time (and most likely it will!!). I am just dreading the recovery. It is tough. It is MAJOR surgery, and I will have a newborn, and a preschooler. It is just not the most ideal situation. But, more than likely this is what will happen for me.

Honestly, I have more fears about having two children to watch over. A new baby, getting little sleep, breastfeeding again. Will I remember what to do? I think these are more pressing on my mind than the actual birth. Again, I just want a healthy baby girl. Whichever way it comes is not up to me. I would love to start having contractions on my own to at least try again, but I am not counting on that happening.

So, on to why I just can't help myself! I am going into major nesting mode, and have been doing a bit of shopping here and there. Chris and I have bought a few things together, and then I got some more outfits this weekend at Target. Gotta love Target!!

DSC_0103
I bought both of these little smock dressed from Target,
they have matching bloomers underneath! So adorable!

DSC_0104

DSC_0105

DSC_0112
I love this little outfit for the spring, the buttons on the leggings are so fun!

DSC_0114
If she makes her entrance before Easter, I picked this up for her!
But, anytime in April it will be a cute outfit. Sometimes it is still a bit chilly here too.
It is from The Children's Place.

DSC_0113
Another Target outfit!

DSC_0110
I had to show these little pants with the ruffle bottoms.

DSC_0102
This sweet outfit was a gift from a dear friend.

DSC_0115
This hat was another gift I got this week. I just love the peas on the hat.

DSC_0117
Of course Ellie has to have some shoes. Bradley lived in this type for the first year.
Sweet angel is going to be here soon!

16 comments:

paige said...

ellie is such a beautiful classic name! i love it!

the pink hat with little peas?
are you kidding me?
could anything be cuter?

so excited for you sweetie
xo

Courtney said...

You have gotten some really cute stuff. It is so much fun shopping fof a little girl. You should try etsy.com for cute outfits, bows and other accesories.

Jenny said...

wow...you got some wonderful things from target! so cute...

i just love that hat and anything pink...it is so fun!

i am sure everything will come back to you, you are a terrific mom already!

Lindsay said...

all of those outfits are super cute! I love stripped skirt outfit! super cute!

Jodee Leader said...

I can relate to how you are feeling since I had two C-Sections. Most doctors in NE do not allow VBACs here.

I love all of the adorable things you have bought for Ellie! You better warn your husband -- it's an addiction! I am especially addicted to Etsy!

Lisa@verybusymomwith4 said...

Those are some great outfits. I am sure the best birth plan will happen for you :)

Jennifer said...

Just stay out of Target! I can't go in there without buying something for the kids. I thought it would be easier with a boy and I guess it is a little, but I always find something for Hudson too :)

amanda said...

i remember with beans everyone kept asking me what my birth plan was - i kept telling them i didn't have one - she did, and she hadn't told me what it was yet :) needless to say she was breech and came five days before her scheduled c-section :) i think the best kind of birth plan is to know you have no control and as long as a healthy baby girl arrives - that's all that really matters!

ps - the clothes are adorable!

Debbie said...

Clare - the new outfits are too cute! Little girl clothes are so much fun!! As Bradley showed, even the best plan can change so quickly, so being flexible and open to whatever comes is probably the best course of action! Can't wait to see you this weekend!!

Katie said...

I love that you are keeping your options open for a VBAC. Of course, I have a lot to say about birthing plans (even though I know Who is ultimately in control!)...but I would allow your body enough time to see if it does happen spontaneously--even though you'll be so ready to be DONE. In the end, though, we both know that healthy baby and healthy momma are the most important things! Looking forward to see how sweet Ellie makes her big arrival. :)
And I just love the Dwell Studio line at Target. They even have some cute baby boy things!
Love to you,
Katie

laura said...

march 31st! omg! omg! omg!
once you go, it means i'm THAT MUCH CLOSER!! aaahhhh!!!

lovin' all the little lady clothes! too bad you don't live near me and we could trade bradley and sydney's bins for these new wee ones! i'm totally starting from scratch here...but also totally loving a brand new excuse to shop!! ;)

33 weeks! can you believe how fast it's gone?!?!?!

Christy said...

I had a c-section with Izzy, and I had a 17 month old at home. It was tough, but definitely manageable. My husband stayed home for two weeks, which was a huge help. By the time he went back to work, I was feeling much better.

Anonymous said...

You better save some items for Gigi to buy!!!
Those little cute outfits put a big smile on my face.

Love, Dad.

Krystyn said...

Look at those adorable little clothes and girl things. And, I love the sheets.

Funny, how the second time around you are much more relaxed and go with the flow, right?

3 Peanuts said...

Darling clothes. Clare---do not worry about going from 1 to 2 children. For me, it was the easiest transition (far easier than just having the first baby and far easier than when Kate came home. With the first one, you are so worried about doing everything right and you are such a novice. With the 3rd you are totally outnumbered. But really, the 2nd is easy. You know what you are doing this time around and two are very manageable. you will be GREAT!

The Mrs. said...

Not going to lie, two is tough and doing the late night feedings again was rough but I would do anything to get Coco. She is delicious and I am enjoying every minute with her! You will just DIE having a girl!