Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Getting Inspired

I am starting to get SO excited about our new house!!! We settled on our lot this week, and we just got the floor plans back from the architect as well! Chris drew out the main idea for the floor plans, and they are wonderful. Each night after Bradley is in bed Chris will spend hours fiddling with the floor plans, and drawing up different ideas. He is so talented, and I can't wait to get started on this new house....whoooo hoooo!!


I have become obsessed with our new kitchen, and what I want it to look like. I want to do a bright, white kitchen with distressed cabinets. I found a few pictures online for inspiration...

kitchen1

Of course our floor plan is totally different, but I love this kitchen...the pulls on the cabinets are gorgeous. I love all of the detail on the kitchen island as well. I would like to do a brown granite for the counter tops.

kitchen3
This might be my favorite kitchen!! I love all of the cabinet lighting. I was also thinking about doing a white subway tile as our back splash, just like this photo. The different colored island is a great idea too. Chris and I were talking about our island having all glass cabinets across the front for displaying china. Choosing everything is the best part of building your own home...it can also be overwhelming too!


sink
I love this country white basin sink.
Chris and I have talked about doing this in our new kitchen as well!

bar lights
This weekend I got the new pottery barn catalog. I found lots of great lighting ideas. I love these simple pendents for our bar area in the kitchen.

dining room light
I am in LOVE with these hanging lights for over our kitchen table.


office furniture
Last but not least is the office. I hated the set-up of our old office. When you walked it you saw all of the cords from Chris' laptop and printer. It was not appealing. Our office will be laid out a bit differently in this house. One side of the office will have two columns of built-in shelves, with a large desk in between. That is going to be my stampin-up, gift wrapping, crafting area (remember babe?). The other part of the office will be for our computers, etc. I am thinking about selling our dark office furniture and replacing it with something bright and white....can you tell there is a theme with this new house?? Bright, white, clean..........

13 comments:

Lisa@verybusymomwith4 said...

How fun is that?! I love it--we are redoing our kitchen in a French country theme. I can't do the white cabinets. I cook way too much and have way too many kids to ever keep that clean :0

Lindsay said...

ooohhh love it!! I love first kitchen but then with Subway titles added! I am sure whatever you come up with will be beautiful!!

amanda said...

love it all friend. can't wait to see the magic unfold :)

Jenny said...

Clare...it all sounds amazing! I love the look of distressed white cabinets as well.

Can't wait to see all your design ideas come to life.

Cory said...

If you need some glass subway tile samples let us know. Subway Tile Outlet
1-888-860-9429

Jodee Leader said...

How exciting! I love the white kitchens! I would love to build again some day! We enjoyed picking out every single detail of our first house!

Jodee Leader said...

P.S. Is your new lot similar to your old lot? Just being nosey! I loved your old lot!

Krystyn said...

I'm green with envy here...those kitchens are perfect..open, light, and lots of room.

laura said...

oooh, so fun! so fun!!

Annmarie said...

I know, that you know, you are the luckiest women in the world, right?
It will be B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!

3 Peanuts said...

It all looks so pretty. We have that same sink (and did in C'ville too) and all white cabinets. Our backsplash is carrera marble subway tiles...so pretty.

3 Peanuts said...

One more thing...little hands will get into and on (fingerprints) whatever you have in that island...so think about that before you put glass doors on the island. Also, people will see things displayed better at eye level. Just a thought....

Kim

sanjeet said...

I am sure whatever you come up with will be beautiful!!

How to make a website