Thursday, January 7, 2010

Water Park Overdose

DSC_0508
The week after Christmas we headed over to Massanutten Ski Resort!! It was a blast, maybe more fun than little Bradley could handle. There was ski tubing, arcade (where we learned that Bradley loves to bowl), and of course the indoor WATER PARK!!!


The first day we toured the entire place and went to the arcade. Then early the next morning we headed over to the water park. Bradley LOVED it to say the least. There were many tears when it was time to head back to the condo for our nap. You could tell he was totally exhausted, but he didn't want to leave. That afternoon the boys went tubing. Bradley loved that too, but I wasn't able to get any photos. I was busy getting a massage....yay!!


We spent the second day in the water park alllllllllllllll day. I was exhausted from the first day at the park, so I was the offical picture taker while Chris ran around after Bradley. There were a lot of slides that I wasn't able to get pictures of because of the water spraying EVERY where. The lazy river was my favorite, and we went around that a hundred times. It is so amazing how quickly this little boy is growing up. He is able to do so many things and is getting a bit fearless. We will definitely be making a trip back to Massanutten soon!

DSC_0610

Hanging out on the lazy river

DSC_0559

This is one of the many sprayers that the kids could turn on and off. They were all over the bridges and walkways. You could spray people going around the lazy river too. Bradley would come down the slide and crank this puppy up every time. It would drench you if you were too close. No fear!!

DSC_0531
Daddy, watch me!!!

DSC_0537
Daddy's turn!! I love this one!

DSC_0563
I took these photos with the zoom way up, so they aren't the clearest. But, Bradley went down this orange slide over 400 times...not kidding. Here is the play-by-play!
First get through the raining water...


DSC_0575
Then get yourself ready to slide

DSC_0576
YAY!!

DSC_0619
Bradley is happy as a clam!!


The final day of the trip we had purchased more tubing tickets. Well, Bradley was getting really sick and said that he just wanted to go home. The tubing tickets were so hard to get. You had to wait in line forever, because they only sold them the day before you went. So we drove over to the tubing park and gave our tickets to a stranger that wasn't able to get any. I was dissappointed that I didnt' get to see him go down the mountain, but this poor boy was exhausted. I loved going on a trip after Christmas, and I hope we can make it a tradition. It was so relaxing and so many fun memories!

7 comments:

laura said...

oh my goodness - when did massanutten get a water park?! AWESOME!!!

Jenny said...

Wow! It looks like so much fun. I love the last pictures of the boys, it is so sweet.

We were just thinking about going there for Will's 2nd birthday b/c he adores water...I will have to show my hubby the pics to convince him! Thanks for sharing it looked awesome.

Kristen Andrews said...

looks like a lot of fun Clare! Hope you are feeling well and congrats on baby girl on the way!

amanda said...

honey that place looks amazing!!!

Lindsay said...

oo my goodness so much fun! We will all have to go together at some point! They boys would have a blast!

Krystyn said...

That looks like a great time! Especially a warm welcome to some freezing weather here!

Gina said...

That last photo of Bradley is so sweet! What a fun day!