Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My Little~Big Three Year Old

DSC_0939

I'm not sure why turning three has been so hard on me. Maybe because I am your Mommy and you aren't a toddler anymore. You are a "preschooler." Maybe it is because we will be welcoming a new addition to the family in just a little over two months and that is just boggling my mind. Maybe it is all of these little moments that feel SO BIG all of the sudden.

Today was one of them...you kissed me goodbye and walked into the Little Gym Funny Bugs class all by yourself. You listened, followed directions, did the parachute without me, went under the parachute with your teacher (you wouldn't even do that with me!!), did forward rolls without help, and were the best little three year old I have ever seen. You left class smiling and excited to show me your Funny Bug Stamps, and tell me that you have a NEW little gym teacher. I watched it all through the window, with all of the other 'preschool mommies.' I was nervous for you at first. You would peak out the window and look at me and wave. But you did great!

Even if you keep growing up so fast, don't forget to look back and wave sometimes. I am right here watching you and cheering you on.

11 comments:

paige said...

just precious...
& yes, sometimes that happens
you blink & it seems like time just took a giant leap

Jenny said...

so sweet...it is just amazing how a tiny little guy becomes such a big boy in the blink of an eye...

anna said...

love this post. So sweet. Great picture too btw. I'll be crying right along with you when KE turns 3. I do every birthday. :)

Krystyn said...

They seriously grow up way too fast.

There is just something about those three year olds!

Lindsay said...

aww such a sweet post and what a BIG boy! So glad he had a great first class with the new teacher!

amanda said...

it's sooo hard to be the mama isn't it?

ps - but that picture is absolutely one of my favorites!

Working Mommy said...

I gonna lie...I shed a tear...don't you wish they could stay little forever?!?!

~WM

Dad said...

Our little girl turned 30 this year!!! It seems like yesterday you were riding your bike with training wheels down Mckenzie Street! Look bak and wave once in awhile, Mom and Dad are still watching and we are soooo proud.

Debbie said...

What a beautiful post, Clare. And reading your Dad's comment brought tears to my eyes. What a special family!

Kristen Andrews said...

every bday of Will's is hard for me, bradley is too cute

sanjeet said...

.it is just amazing how a tiny little guy becomes such a big boy in the blink of an eye...

How to make a website