Friday, January 1, 2010

The Best Christmas Present of ALL....


WE'RE HAVING A BABY GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


We actually couldn't wait until Christmas morning to open the envelope! I was DYING to know, and asked Chris if he wouldn't mind if we opened it on Christmas Eve night. We had just finished getting everything ready for Christmas morning, and I was too excited. I also really wanted a moment to take it in with Chris without trying to focus on Bradley. I didn't want to take away from his Christmas morning. So we went upstairs to get the envelope, and then I started to have second thoughts. Chris was holding it ready to open it, and I said, "WAIT!!! Now, I'm not sure if I want to know!!!!"

He looked at me and started ripping the envelope open! He said, "Too bad..." After peeling back one of the edges he looked up at me and said, "I know what it is!"

I immediately started crying and said, "Tell me!!!"

"IT'S A GIRL!!!!!!!!!!"

It was such a magical moment, we were both overjoyed! I think I was in shock! I was totally convinced that I was having another boy. I am SOOOOOOOOO excited though. I asked Chris if he is prepared for the amount of shopping that is going to be taking place in the next few months. He just laughed and said that he was going to spoil her more than me. I am just so thankful, to be having another baby in a little more than three months. There were moments when I didn't know if this would ever happen for us again. The fact that it is a little girl to boot is amazing!

I have thought a lot about if we would be able to ever have more children. Part of me was so happy to be pregnant again, but I really deep down wanted a little girl. I really wanted to have that mother~daughter relationship. I am so happy that it is a girl, and even if I can't have more children I will get that chance! After everything we went through in the last year I feel like God has truly blessed us in so many ways. There are definitely times in the past decade that I have felt Chris and I being tested. We have been through A LOT from 2000-2010, good and bad. This is one of the highlights!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!


20 comments:

Courtney said...

What a wonderful Christmas present. Congratulations. What does Bradley think about a sister? Happy New Year. 2010 is going to be a wonderful year for your family!

Jenny said...

What wonderful news!!! Let the pink shopping begin...

Happy New Year to you and your family.

Anonymous said...

You two bring us to tears - happy tears. Happy New Year. We love you, Mom & Dad (PopPop & GiGi)

CousinFest '09 said...

And so the PINK begins...we stopped on the way to beach at Carter's!

GIGI

Lindsay said...

hehe I was waiting for you to post something! Yay! I can't wait to meet my little niece. I also can't wait to buy all things pink and girlie!

Annmarie said...

Let the spoiling begin!!
I CAN NOT WAIT!!!

Love <3
Aunt Annmarie

Christy said...

Congratulations! WOW! I am so excited for you!

Jodee Leader said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I am soooo excited for you. You are going to have so much fun adding the color pink to your family!

I can totally relate to this post because I really thought I was having a boy the second time and I really wanted a girl since I knew it would be our last pregnancy! I was soooo excited when Kamree was a girl. It was the best surprise ever!

Wishing you lots of love, happiness and everything pink in 2010!

laura said...

sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy for you and your little lady-to-be!!

Working Mommy said...

YAY for a little girl!!! They're so much fun! Can't wait to see pictures!

~WM

3 Peanuts said...

Oh Clare....what wonderful news. I completely understand the desire first and foremost for a healthy child but having a girl (since you already have a son) is truly icing on the cake. Daughters are incredible. I will admit that in some ways Kate is much more work than the boys were but oh the delight she brings us!!!! it is SO much fun shopping for a girl!!! Congratulations!!!

Kim

Happy New Year!

Karen said...

Congratulations! Little girls are so wonderful and perfect! :)

Blessings and prayers to you in 2010!

Amanda said...

Congratulations!!!
Wishing you all the very best for 2010!!!

Lisa@verybusymomwith4 said...

Great news!!!! A very Merry Christmas to you!
And happy shopping!!!!

Just A Mom (Call me JAM for short) said...

Congratulations! I have one of each too. In my own opinion... There's nothing better!

Happy New Year!

Karla said...

Congrats Claire, Chris and Bradley. Sooo excited for you guys. Been praying for you all and am excited. And you are so right. What a blessing... Happy New Year

Linda said...

So special! Happy New Year!

amanda said...

i have been waiting for this post!!! huge congrats friend :) happy pink 2010!!

Krystyn said...

Hooray for pink!

Good thing you thought to look beforehand. If you house was anything like mine, it would have been impossible to have a moment.

Gina said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you! What a blessing!