Wednesday, January 13, 2010

12 Week Countdown!!!

So I can't believe that I have less that 12 weeks left before this baby girl comes into our lives. Chris and I are getting really excited and anxious about having another child. We have laid awake at night talking about what she will look like, curly hair or straight, blue eyes or green?!? So many fun things to think about!

I will have my next appointment on Wednesday (I am somehow a little off schedule this pregnancy). But, after this next appointment I will start seeing the doctor every two weeks! It is really flying by. My last appointment was the week of Christmas and everything was looking great! I had to take my diabetes test, and I passed with flying colors. They have started measuring my belly, and that looked normal too. I feel blessed to have had a smooth pregnancy, and I hope it continues until the end.

In the past few weeks my energy level has started to taper off again. I have been more tired around the house, not wanting to cook/clean/play with Bradley on the floor and things. I am trying to push through it, because I know that soon I won't have the time to play with him for hours on end. I have noticed a lot more aches and pains from just getting off of the couch and trying to sleep. I know I felt like this with Bradley's pregnancy but you block a lot of it out! I have continued exercising with the elliptical and taking my body pump classes. This might end in just a few short weeks, and I may just walk on the track or treadmill. I am taking a prenatal yoga class that has helped with my soreness. This is getting into the hard part of the pregnancy, and it is all worth it in the end!!!!

Chris and I have also talked at length about how lucky we are. In the past year, I really thought that we might not ever have another child of our own. I longed to be pregnant again, and feel a baby kicking inside of me. I feel so blessed to be able to carry another child. What a miracle it all is!! There are definitely times when you feel like the storm clouds are overhead and pouring rain down on you. Then you reach these moments of bliss. I am definitely in a blissful state right now. Happy with my sweet husband, adorable little boy, and welcoming a new child into our family. I have just had a great feeling of contentedness and peace.

Well, I broke down and had Chris snap another picture of me tonight at 28 weeks. I was feeling guilty about not taking ANY pictures this pregnancy. I am definitely getting BIG, but now we are in the home stretch. I have spent a lot more energy this pregnancy worrying about my weight gain. Hopefully since I have continued going to the gym and working out I can lose it again quickly (a girl can dream right?!). I have eaten a lot more healthily this pregnancy, less ice cream and sweets. But, I still have gained almost 20 lbs at my last appointment. Ughhh...it is what it is, and I will work my tail off to lose it in the end. I don't know how some women look so petite while they are pregnant or only gain 20 lbs total?!! Who are these people!!?!!! I know this sweet baby girl is worth it!

DSC_0644

28 Weeks, January 2010

14 comments:

amy said...

I think you look GREAT Clare! :)

Jodee Leader said...

You look fabulous! Enjoy your last 12 weeks. They will go sooo fast!

Krystyn said...

Oh, looking good momma! You are definitely in the home stretch.

Megan said...

you look beautiful! I know how hard it is. I was never one of those who had the little basketball belly. You're doing great if you've only gained 20 lbs! I gained like 50 all together with each of my pregnancies.

Heather @ boy, girl, and a pug said...

I love the pic and I love that you are savoring every minute being pregnant. I didn't know Ella would be my last, but I am so, so glad that I kept a pregnancy journal with her and updated the blog regularly.

I don't think I have your address anywhere and I would love to make a little something for your new Princess. Would you mind sending me your address? Do you know what you are going to name baby girl, or at least what her name will start with? If so, would you mind sharing with me. Promise I won't tell if it's top secret:)

Jenny said...

You look amazing! Great job on continuing to work out, it can be so hard.

Debbie said...

You are beautiful, Clare and this one lucky girl to have such a wonderful Momma in you! Can't wait to meet her! She will be here before you know it!

Working Mommy said...

You look fabulous!!! I know how you feel though...I gained 50lbs with the babe and when we were being discharged, the girl in front of us looked like she had never been pregnant at all!!

~WM

Christy said...

You look great. Don't be so hard on yourself.

Lindsay said...

aww this post has tears in my eyes! I am ecstatic about meeting this little girl (So I know you are even more so)!! She will be beautiful and you are beautiful! You will have no problems at all losing the weight because you are determined! I love you so much! Can't wait to see you and rub your belly at dinner tonight XOXO

CRICKET said...

Congrats! Its weird but we felt when our little girl came after our boy that we felt "complete". The older boy, younger girl thing has been really neat. You are going to have so much fun.

Petey Pie's said...

Cant believe that we're 12 weeks away from welcoming baby girl into our lives! You look absolutley fabulous!

amanda said...

12 more weeks?? wow honey! and you look amazing!!

Courtney said...

You look great. Glad to hear the pregnancy is continuing smoothly!