Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Our Birthday Adventures

DSC_0057
I decided to do Bradley's birthday a little bit differently this year. Last year we had one big party with friends and family. It was a lot of fun, but I think a bit overwelming for Bradley. So, I decided to have a "family only" party on Saturday, and a party with friends on Sunday. I think it went really well! Then all of the family that traveled to our hosue really got to spend some time with Bradley, which was really nice! I love his expression while we were singing happy birthday to him. I think he was feeling shy, but also excited at the same time!

DSC_0006
We started the morning with opening some gifts from Mommy and Daddy. We bought him the "Thomas' Great Race" board game.
He loves it, and it is perfect for a three year old!

DSC_0078
Then we started decorating and getting the food ready! Here is a little peak...

DSC_0008

DSC_0021
Of course there were LOTS of presents to open! He was excited about all of them!

DSC_0037
He loves the new bike, now we just need lots of practice riding it!

DSC_0086
Here is Bradley figuring out his own 'computer.' It is the Nick Jr. lapbook. I would definitely recommend it, lots of great games!

DSC_0070
The beloved cowboy outfit!!!! We wore it to the mall
and to The Little Gym today....totally obsessed!!

DSC_0073

DSC_0060
Happy 3rd Birthday Sweet Boy!!

DSC_0064
More posts coming on the second birthday party...whew!!

6 comments:

Debbie said...

Clare - I love the b-day pics and the look back through the years. It is amazing how fast the time goes! of course you know I LOVE the cowboy outfit! Uncle Shawn did great!! : )

amanda said...

he is seriously beyond adorable in the cowboy outfit! i love it!!

Lindsay said...

He looks so grown up in his cowboy outfit! :-)

Courtney said...

I think the idea of 2 parties is wonderful, it can be so overwhelming for little ones. I love his shirt!

paige said...

oh goodness clare, he looks so grown up!
such happiness &joy in all your photos
xo

Jenny said...

I just love that cowboy hat! Can't wait to see more pictures of him riding his new bike...so exciting!