Friday, November 13, 2009

Goodbye Sweet Home!!

front
We have been busy since Wednesday packing the house!! We have finished the entire basement, and have started the upstairs. If I think about it too much I tend to get completely overwhelmed! So, I am just trying to focus on a room by room basis (which is hard for a planner like me!!).

I am also trying to sell a few different pieces of furniture since we won't be needing them in our new house. I posted a bunch of them on craigslist, which is great! But, you tend to get a 1,000 emails about one piece of furniture. I have some people coming to look at couches today, and to pick up our riding lawn mower. I can't tell you how happy I will be to watch that mower get hauled away!! We are going to have a small push mower at the next house, whoo hoo!!


I decided to give myself a little break this morning and change my blog header. I also wanted to download the pictures that our realtor took of our house when we listed it. Her husband is a photographer, and the pictures turned out incredible!! I wanted to make sure I had a copy of them for memory sake.


Chris and I were talking about how we will be living in a new house in a week from now. It is sad to think about leaving our home, but I am excited for what the future will hold. I have already posted many of the important reasons about why we are moving, but Chris and I built this home, and picked every single thing down to the grout colors. I am intimidated with the thought of doing it all again, but here we go!! Sweet home you will be missed! Cheers to your new owners, I hope they enjoyed you as much as we did!!


front of house

house on lot
This is how our house sits on the lot, I love this picture!

foyer
The foyer

dinig rm
The front entrance

living room
Living room

family room
Family room

kitchen
Kitchen

breakfast room
Breakfast room

dining room
Dining room

office
Office

master
Master bedroom

sitting room
Sitting room off of the master

mater tub
Master bath

master shower
Master shower

my closet
My closet

guest room
Guest room

baby room
Nursery

basement bedroom
Guest room in basement

basement room
Basement family room

bar
Basement bar

sunroom
Sunroom/playroom

media room
Media room
gym
Gym

deck 2
Back deck

backyard

back of house


16 comments:

Lauren said...

I'm so behind in catching up with blogs. Congrats on the move! I'm sure you are overwhelmed right now. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help you. (and let us know if there's anything you're selling! You know how much I love that... =)

Jennifer said...

Congratulations on selling your house! I know you are excited about the move, but will miss the old house - the pictures are terrific. It looks like it was a great place to live - that closet alone is amazing! Good luck with all the packing. Hope to see you soon.

Lindsay said...

I am going to miss your house as well! Some wonderful memories there! Love the bloggy design! So cute!

OHmommy said...

SOOOOO beautiful. Congrats on selling it.

amanda said...

you will never regret all these pictures - hubby and i still go back and look at pictures of our first "baby" :)

it's a stunning house - filled with tons of great memories. memories that now belong in your heart (and photo albums)

amy said...

BEAUTIFUL home Clare! I know your next one will be too. Congratulations on selling it! You are currently on many exciting adventures. :)

Susan said...

Congratulations on the new house! It is breathtakingly gorgeous. Good luck with all things moving related.

Courtney said...

Wow, what an incredible home. Good luck with all the moving this week!

Christy said...

HOLY CRAP! Your house is HUGE. And it is beautiful!

Jodee Leader said...

What a fabulous house! My favorite room is the toy room/sun room! I think I could live in that room alone!

Good luck with your move!

Krystyn said...

Congrats on selling your house...although I know it's quite bittersweet.

(That house really is gorgeous and I'm pretty sure my house would fit in the master shower alone!)

laura said...

wow - these photos are amazing! you sure you want to move?! ;) although just think how much closer you'll be to bodo's!

The Devols said...

Clare that house is absolutely amazing! Your blog is great too! Just came across it on FB. Good luck with moving :)

Gina said...

That house is amazing! I am sure you are excited to not have to clean that many square feet anymore. Such a gorgeous and elegant home though. Just stunning. I can't wait to see the new place! Good luck with the move. I know that is so hard.

Chelle said...

So beautiful, honey!

How did I miss this post before?!

xo

Anonymous said...

Clare, I'm certainly going to miss this house because we always had such a great time hanging out! Can't wait to see your new place, though, and I hope you had fun shopping for all new underwear and socks! ;) By the way, it's amazing how the pictures of your house are taken in the fall but not a leaf is on the ground in the front! How did you do that!?!?! :)
Heather T.