Thursday, October 22, 2009

Another Contract?

Remember in March when I got really excited and posted this?? Then we hit some bumps in the road here? With the housing market being what it is, we have definitely tried to be patient about the house selling. So, for the entire rest of the summer and into the fall I have continued to keep the house clean and organized. I have been accommodating for all of our showings, and we might have found a match!! Our house went under contract on Monday AGAIN! We are a bit more encouraged about this prospect and are hoping that they are the new 'owners to be'...


BUT, we are keeping it very realistic and trying not to get ahead of ourselves. We still have a lot of things to make it through before moving day. We have begun to talk about where we will be living while we are building our new home. We are really looking for a short term lease situation which narrows our possibilities. Hopefully (fingers crossed) we will be moving in just a few short weeks, and begin planning and dreaming of our new home.

IMG_0170


Chris built our home three and a half years ago. It is a beautiful floor plan on five+ acres of land. It is just a lot MORE house and land than we have the time or energy to take care of. With our family growing I would like to be more centrally located to our town, i.e., closer to good grocery stores, better schools, preschools etc. I feel like I spend a great deal of my time driving back and forth from town. The closest elementary school from our house is over 45 minutes away. That isn't even including bus time. I will miss this house and the land, but we are excited about being in a better school system with a neighborhood feel. We are really looking for a community that offers a lot of amenities and we have a few places in mind to start looking. Although I will be sad to be out of our house for the holidays, I know great things are in store for us! Maybe someday we will build another house like this away from town with lots of land and landscaping to keep us busy. When our kids are older and we can pay them to mow the law (lol). But, I am just interesting in having less and living MORE. I want to have time on the weekends to play together as a family, and not watch Chris mowing and trimming the law for 3+ hours.

Please be thinking of us in the upcoming weeks. The last contract really was hard on Chris and I. It was really devastating to unpack and pick up the pieces. We are hoping that this will be a great fit for everyone!

Now off to get ready for date night!! YAY!! We are headed out for dinner and to catch the new Vince Vaughn movie "Couples Retreat." Chris and I love him, and can't wait for some quality time!

couples-retreat-poster-0


14 comments:

Katie said...

I've been wondering what was happening with your house and hadn't gotten a chance to ask you. I will be sad to see you move further away from us, but know that this is what you all really want for your family. I will be praying that it all works out according to the Lord's plan and will.
Much love to you!

laura said...

oooh, fingers crossed for you guys!

let us know how the movie is. i think we might try it tomorrow night...

Courtney said...

Hopefully this contract goes through. Your house is beautiful! Enjoy date night.

The Mrs. said...

That house is gorgeous!!!!

Christy said...

I really hope it works our for you guys this time. Selling a house is always stressful. Keeping my fingers crossed for a smooth closing.

Jodee Leader said...

Your house is FABULOUS! Your hubby is soooo talented! I would be sooooo sad to move too, however, I am sure the upkeep is very time consuming. I hope this buyer works out for you.

Enjoy your date night! I also love Vince so I think we will head to this movie too!

amanda said...

cautiously jumping up and down with excitement for you!!

ps - can't wait to hear what you think of the movie - hubby and i want to see it too!

Lindsay said...

aww love your house and I will be sad to see it go! I hope every thing goes smoothly this go around :-) How was the movie? Tim and I are having a date night tonight and we are trying to figure out what to do. Love you!

paige said...

wow clare, your home is gorgeous!!

congratulations on being under contract too.
hope you & the little bean are all doing well
xo

Debbie said...

That's awesome news, Clare! So happy for you! I have my fingers crossed!

Lisa@verybusymomwith4 said...

You have a beautiful home!!!
Fingers crossed it goes well this time.
My husband knows all about those failed contracts :(

Krystyn said...

I hope it goes through this time..I imagine it is very stressful!

Liam's Mom said...

Good luck! I am sure it will sell this time! So excited for your new adventures and your hubby's handiwork on the next home.

Tell if you liked the movie. We still need to go see it!

日月神教-任我行 said...

成人遊戲,免費成人影片,成人光碟,情色遊戲,情色a片,情色網,性愛自拍,美女寫真,亂倫,戀愛ING,免費視訊聊天,視訊聊天,成人短片,美女交友,美女遊戲,18禁,三級片,美女,成人圖片區,avdvd,色情遊戲,情色貼圖,女優,偷拍,情色視訊,愛情小說,85cc成人片,成人貼圖站,成人論壇,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,免費a片,視訊美女,視訊做愛,免費視訊,伊莉討論區,sogo論壇,台灣論壇,plus論壇,維克斯論壇,情色論壇,性感影片,正妹,走光,色遊戲,情色自拍,kk俱樂部,好玩遊戲,免費遊戲,貼圖區,好玩遊戲區,中部人聊天室,情色視訊聊天室,聊天室ut,自拍,後宮電影院,85cc,免費影片,a片