Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I've Been Dying To Tell....I AM PREGNANT!!!!

YES, you read that title right, I AM PREGNANT!! Oh, it just feels so good to make it official, announcing it to everyone!! Being pregnant is seriously the hardest secret to keep. What a long journey the past 18 months has been. Infertility is one of the hardest tests that I have gone through in my life. The ups and downs are so hard, and the months just pile up on each other until you feel overwhelmed by it all.

Chris and I were one of the lucky couples to conceive after they treated my endometriosis in June. We had a post surgery consult two weeks after the surgery and the doctor was optimistic, but realistic about our situation. He said that a healthy couple trying to conceive has a 25% chance each month, a woman with endometriosis has a 4% chance. Wow, that is a blow! So, we felt strongly about the plan he had in place for us and following his schedule of upcoming treatments. I was just going to give my body time to heal and then we would be back at it.

Well, sometimes amazing things happen (called answered prayers!!). After getting home from our beach trip I decided to take a pregnancy test. My body was all out of whack from the surgery, but I was due for a period. I wanted to take a test at the beach, but I didn't want to ruin a perfect vacation with another round of sad news. The second I got home I ran upstairs and got this wonderful word....


DSC_1115

The tears and joy were overwhelming!! I could not be happier, and our family is ecstatic. I will say the first few weeks were tough. I was just extremely nervous. I had just had a major surgery, and I knew that things could go wrong. Two ultrasounds and 5 weeks later things are looking beautifully. I had my 10 week appointment this morning with my OB, and we were able to hear the heartbeat for a few seconds. What a beautiful sound!

I have actually felt pretty well this whole first trimester. Just extremely hungry and a few nauseous days. Nothing to complain about! Chris said maybe this was my reward for all of the months of waiting. I finally have been given a due date of April 5th! They weren't certain about my due date with the surgery and medications I was on. A spring baby! YAY!!

I am sure there will be many more pregnancy posts to follow...I didn't have my blog when I was pregnant with Bradley so this will be fun! I will have my first big ultrasound in two weeks!

31 comments:

Just A Mom (Call me JAM for short) said...

Oh let me be one of the first to congratulate you.

CONGRATULATIONS! What exciting news. Bradley is going to be a wonderful big brother.

I love hearing about "answered prayers"...

Jenn said...

Congrats! Glad to hear you have been feeling well !

laura said...

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!! I am thrilled for you and your family!!!

3 Peanuts said...

I m so HAPPY for you Clare!!!!! I had a sneaking suspicion...not sure why? Congratualtions!!!!!

Chelle said...

Congratulations, hon!!! OMG, how exciting!!

I love reading happy news...I am SO beyond excited for you!!!

Lindsay said...

hehe you know how I feel about this!! Beyond excited!!!! Love you!
Love,
The ecstatic Aunt!

Amy said...

Clare. . .I am sooooooo excited for you! What a special blessing! I can't wait to follow you on your journey!

Be Blessed,

Amy

Jodee Leader said...

Whooooo hooooo! I am soooo excited for you! I hope you have a fun and relaxing pregnancy!

Heather @ boy, girl, and a pug said...

OMG this is such fabulous news!

I am so excited for you honey. I look forward to reading more posts about your growing belly:)

amy said...

Clare!!! I was THRILLED to read this just now! CONGRATULATIONS to you & Chris - YAY! Good things happen to good people! So happy for you. :)

Kelly said...

Very exciting! Congratulations!

amanda said...

yippppeeee!!! huge congrats friend! this is super happy news :)

Christy said...

Congratulations! I have been expecting this post:) I am so happy for you!

Carly said...

So very excited for y'all! Thank you for sharing the good news with us! We will continue to keep you in our prayers as we anxiously await baby Winn's arrival!

The Mom Jen said...

YAY, what wonderful news Clare!!! Congratulations to your whole family, what a fun adventure to document!!

Kirsten said...

Congrats Clare! I am so happy for you and Chris (& Bradley too!). I can't wait to read all about how your pregnancy progresses. :-)

Lisa@verybusymomwith4 said...

Yay! Yay!!!!!!!

Congrats and best wishes for an uneventful , FUN pregnancy!!!

OHmommy said...

A million congrats!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amanda said...

Wonderful News ~ A BIG Congratulations to you all!!!!!!!!
Love,
Amanda xxxx

Krystyn said...

Yay! Congratulations. I'm so excited for all of you!

Katie said...

I could not be happier for you all!!! I look forward to walking alongside you during this very special time and meeting the newest addition to your sweet family. God is good!!
Love you!

Courtney said...

Congratulations. I am so happy!

The Justice Family said...

What sweet words to read on your blog!!! The news just made my night. I've been hoping to read that news on your blog for a while now, but knew that it could take a while after your surgery. Wow!! I'm just so happy for you. Congrats to you and Chris and I hope you continue to feel well and have a healthy pregnancy!! xoxoxo

Susan said...

What a tremendous and joyous blessing! Congratulations!!!

Jennifer said...

YEA! Congratulations!!!

Annmarie said...

If I didn't already know the news . . . all anyone would have to do is look at your post on August 18th. You holding Janna's baby . . . you are "GLOWING". I've never seen you so beautiful. You holding that baby, anyone that knows you could probably guess that you are beaming with "baby news of your own." Clare, I love you so very much and I'm so happy for you three. That baby is a very luck baby, as Bradley is, to be loved and wanted to badly. You were meant to be a mommy!!
love,
Great-aunt Annmarie

Karen said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting. I have been praying for you and your family. April 5th is my birthday and also the date that Sierra was due. She ended up coming on the 10th, but either way, APRIL BABIES ARE THE BEST! :) I absolutely LOVE having had a spring baby, all the exciting months line up perfectly with just the right age, etc. :) I will be praying for you as you go down this pregnancy journey.
Praise God!

Liam's Mom said...

Wonderful news, Clare! So happy for you all! This baby is one lucky duck to have you as a mother. Congratulations. HUGS to you.

bellaguinness said...

Woohoo!!! I haven't been reading blogs lately, but I'm so glad I didn't miss this post. I think some celebratory handmade baby booties are in order! Are you going to find out if it's a boy or girl?

Kristi said...

Love your blog!!! And I love this post! I TOO just found out that I am pregnant and I am due May 2nd :) This will be my first though so I am a little scared...

Also saw your post on the Panera Cinnamon Crunch Bagel...I am obsessed with Panera now that I am pregnant!! (Well - I always was but now it is WAY worse! haha)

Congrats again!