Monday, September 14, 2009

First Day Fun!

DSC_0195

I didn't get a chance to post about this last week, but we have had a lot of other exciting events going on in our home!! Bradley had his first day of preschool on Tuesday. I know the teachers and the students were sad, because it was actually a cold and rainy day. But, Bradley was SO excited! Can you tell by his picture?

He knows three children really well from the class, because I am good friends with their mommas. He also knows quite a few children from his class last year. He LOVES his new teachers, Ms Pat and Ms Jill. I am so proud of him! He walked into school without one tear, and just had a blast. I was also nervous about him having an accident (even though we haven't had one in about four months). But, he has to ask the teacher to go to the bathroom and I was just worried he would be nervous. They do have a potty time, because almost everyone is potty trained in the class. He came home on Tuesday singing the "Isty Bitsy Spider" 575 times. It was adorable!! It is amazing how much they seem to retain from other adults guiding them.

In other news I really wanted to establish a schedule with Bradley. We will have a pretty normal routine from week to week now that school has started. Usually every afternoon I tell him what we have planned for the next day. I wanted him to start learning concept of time, days of the week, and all of that fun stuff. Please don't laugh at my horrible drawing, but this is my schedule I made for him...

DSC_0220

It is hanging on his closet door, and he can move the bear along with the days of the week. I might move it onto some type of wipe off board, but for now this works. Then I could write down if we have little play dates on Friday or in the afternoon. It works for now, I might improve on it later!

I was gone almost all weekend for an amazing girls trip (more on that later), and I came home to find this in Bradley's room:

DSC_0224

The picture isn't the greatest with the window reflection, sorry! Daddy was watching Bradley all weekend, and got him a fish tank!! He LOVES it!! They just bought the fish tank on Saturday and set it up at home, and they were going to get the fish on Sunday. Bradley was so excited about it he kissed it goodnight before going to bed. Isn't that the cutest thing ever?? He constantly runs upstairs to check on his fish! Unfortunately one fish got "sick" and we are taking him back to the pet store. Luckily Bradley didn't quite understand that, and we haven't mentioned much about it. I hope the other fish hold on, or he will really notice if they get "sick" too!

This is a side note, but after my last post about my pregnancy I had to delete two comments that were left by an anonymous blogger. I don't know how to figure out where they came from, but they were really upsetting. The first sentence was actually congratulating me, but then they followed by going off about one of the other comments I received and the wording they used. It was actually a good friend that this anonymous blogger was referring to that I grew up with. I immediately erased it. If you are reading now, thank you for your note, but please don't bash any of my other commenters. They were just excited for me, and after everything we went through you were just taking away from my joy that day. So shame on you!!


9 comments:

Katie said...

Clare,
Sorry to hear someone tried to rain on your parade. I went to moderating comments a long time ago b/c of annonymous comments. Unfortunately, you might still see them, but no one else will and you won't have to worry about deleting once they're up. Just a suggestion.
Love your schedule for Bradley...will probably steal that idea! :)
Love ya.

Courtney said...

I am amazed at how much older he looks. He is really growing up. Sounds like he is in a wonderful school.

Lindsay said...

Looks like a great first day of school! Bradley looks so super excited! I love the fish.. did he name them? Sammy is obsessed with fish! That stinks someone wrote something mean about one of your commentors :( Don't let it get you down though you have an AMAZING gift growing inside of you! I am glad to hear you had a great weekend.. we will have to try and catch up soon.. Looks like it will have to be after naps or on the weekends since Im working on fridays. XOXO

amanda said...

yay for the first day and the new fish!! can't wait to hear their names!

laura said...

aw, he looks so adorable! gotta love those stephen & joseph backpacks! and what a great idea for his weekly schedule chart! i may copy that idea in a few months!

Liam's Mom said...

What a lucky boy! We bought fish when Liam was his age too! Pets are so fun with little ones!

Glad he is liking preschool. It definitely makes a difference when they already have friends there.

Christy said...

I have a 75 gallon tank sitting empty in my basement. Maybe I should set it up for the kiddos?

The schedule is a neat idea. I always have all these ideas about charts and whatnot, but I never actually get around to making them. So, I am impressed!

Krystyn said...

I think the schedule is great. I'm sure he knows what they all mean!

3 Peanuts said...

Bradley looks SO CUTE on his 1st day of school!!! Love his little calendar!