Thursday, September 3, 2009

End of Summer Celebrations!

DSC_0095

We usually host a huge summer BBQ in August. Well, with the house on the market I guess we just didn't have time to put it together this year. We decided to throw a little last minute cookout with some good friends. There was lots of 'rides' on Bradley's new Jeep. He was so funny! He would drive around to the swingset, drop off someone, and then pick up a new passenger. He actually let a few of his 'girlfriends' take it for a spin.

I go through phases with picture taking. I hardly took any pictures of the party. I just wasn't in the mood, and with hosting I didn't have too much time. This is what I captured!

DSC_0113

Our friends, Greta and Brian brought over their moon bounce. It was a hit!!!

DSC_0124

We grilled out some hamburgers and hotdogs. For dessert we borrowed my parents fire pit. I thought it would be a great idea to make smores with the kids. Who doesn't like smores, right?! Well, apparently if you are 2-3 years old, smores are a little too much of a gooey mess! Most of the kids ran up to the smores station and stole some chocolate, and then ran around the yard on sugar high. I guess that is a treat for later on! I think the parents liked the smores more than the kids, yummm!

DSC_0130


It feels like summer is officially over! We had Bradley's open house for preschool this morning. It went really well, only a few tears. The parents met the teachers, and then we have a meeting with the director while the kids stay in the room and play. It is a really great way to get them ready for the transition on Tuesday. I hope it goes well!


1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Sounds like you guys had a great cookout! I totally would have been at the smore station!