Thursday, August 27, 2009

Summer Time

DSC_1186

I haven't had much to post about lately, we are just doing the usual. Seeing a few friends and enjoying these last few weeks of summer. I did have some fun pictures to share of Bradley's favorite activities. He has been spending a lot of time with Daddy outside. He LOVES Chris's riding lawnmower. He calls it a 'tractor' of course. Chris will take him on endless rides around the house for hours of entertainment. Look how proud he is in this picture!!

The other evening I looked out the kitchen window and Bradley and Daddy were golfing. It was the cutest thing! Bradley was trying to play with his little golf set and Chris was hitting the ball around in the yard. I saw Chris showing Bradley how to hold the club and hit the ball. I love when you get a chance to peek in on those little moments. Bradley charged in the house for dinner telling me that he was 'golfing with Daddy.'

DSC_1181


I couldn't talk about summer without including a picture of Hershey our chocolate lab. She LOVES Bradley and is always following him around outside. Bradley will throw the ball and the stick for her. She can get really excited around Chris and I, but she is very gentle with Bradley. Hershey will come up to him and drop the ball at his feet, or hand us the ball instead. It is amazing how animals know who is smaller and not as strong. This is his best little buddy!!

DSC_0003

Another little buddy that Bradley has known since he is a baby is sweet Pierce. Katie and I met through the local Mom's club when our boys were five months old. The boys are just a few weeks apart in age, and it has been so fun seeing them grow up together. I remember having playdates with Katie when the babies were hardly sitting and now we have two crazy kids running through the house. My biggest challenge with playdates is showing Bradley how to share. It is amazing that he allowing Pierce to sit in his beloved police car with him. He did let Pierce drive it for a while, but sat on the couch and cried/whined until it was his turn. He seems to want toys that hasn't played with in months. We are having a BBQ this weekend with lots of kids, so he will get some good practice in on sharing.

Happy Summertime!!

9 comments:

Lindsay said...

aww love the "tractor" picture. Reminds me of our summers growing up! Have a fun cook out this weekend!

amanda said...

ahhhh the last weeks of summer! soaking it all up but looking forward to fall :)

ps - have i mentioned how cute he looks in green??

Candy said...

isn't summer just loaded with the color GREEN?!!

the color of growth.

love it.

Jodee Leader said...

Enjoy the last few weeks of summer. Cute pictures!

Amanda said...

It really looks like you all had a nice summer. Enjoy the rest of it before the Autumn.
Bradley is just the cutest ~ and Hershey too. Love his name!

Amanda x

The Mrs. said...

Look at Bradley on that tractor! He is getting so darn big!!!! CUUUTE!

Christy said...

I love his little police hat. Adorable!

Katie said...

Cute picture of the boys! Hope we can get together again before the baby arrives...let me know about your schedule. Hope your cook-out was great fun!
XOXO,
k

Krystyn said...

Ahhh...the end of summer is near.

I know I've said it before, but I can't believe how big your little man is getting!