Thursday, June 4, 2009

Swirly Bottles

We were hoping to hit the park this morning and run through the fountains...but it is cold and rainy here. So, we got the spend the morning playing with Sammy and having lunch. The boys had a great time together, but I forgot to take some pictures. After Lindsay took Sammy home for nap time, we decided to do a project....


DSC_0018

First we collected all of our supplies, corn syrup, food coloring, empty water bottles, glitter, beads, paper clips, and anything else that will fit in a water bottle.

DSC_0021
Then I sent Bradley to town filling up his bottle with lots of trinkets.

DSC_0027
Add 1/2 water, 1/2 corn syrup, some food coloring, and hot glue gun the top...
you have a "Swirly Bottle"

DSC_0029

I only let Bradley play with it in the kitchen. The top is on really well, with the hot glue, but I can just picture it dripping or exploding on the carpet. It will be a kitchen/outside toy.


Our first full week of summer is almost finished. We have had our ups and downs, but I think I have enough activities to keep us busy for a while. Some people asked about our project from Tuesday. It is so easy! You just need to roll out contact paper, and let them stick whatever you can find on it!


Looking forward to the weekend, and date night tomorrow night! Whooo, hooo!

7 comments:

Courtney said...

Very cute project. I can't wait till my nephew is a little older, so we can start doing projects. Enjoy date night and your weekend!

paige said...

you always have such fun creative projects for your little man.
i love this one...i think i need a swirly bottle!

thanks for the followup on the book. i hope to read it, or at least start it on vacation
xo

Lindsay said...

We had fun hanging out this morning. oo very fun activity. I will have to create that w/ Sammy sometime soon!

Amanda said...

Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy your date night!

Jodee Leader said...

What a fun project! Cute pictures!

Krystyn said...

What a cute project. Izzy's daycare did it with oil and it made a disaster in my car!

Lisa@verybusymomwith4 said...

I remember doing that with the girls when they were little. I need to do that with the boys--thanks for reminding me about that one!

Your son is as cute as ever!