Monday, June 29, 2009

JOY

The picture from my post last Monday does not do justice to the way I felt for most of last week. I really felt like I had just had another c-section and was going to be out of action for six weeks. I was the last surgery of the day on Monday, and was postponed even later due to an emergency. So, Chris didn't wheel me home until after seven pm. I think the hunger, plus all of the anesthesia was too much. The week flew by in a state of sleepiness and chest pain. They pump your belly full of gases so they can have a good look around. The gases put a lot of pressure on your chest until your body slowly absorbs them over the week. It was very painful, and a little scary. I turned the corner by Saturday morning. I am feeling a lot better today, but still a little iffy when I pick up Bradley. I survived, it was just a little more invasive than we had planned. Especially compounding everything with a 2 year old that was a little freaked out by his sick Mommy. Bradley had a number of meltdowns last week, and was a total bear for the babysitters.

On to the JOY...

DSC_0073

As soon as I started to feel better we got out of the house on Saturday. Bradley has been so much better now that things are back to normal. Today was splendid with a trip to the park to visit friends, and an afternoon pool date with Daddy. I am in LOVE with this picture I took of Bradley playing at the pool, it makes me smile!

In other JOYful news, the surgery was successful! My doctor did find Stage One Endometriosis, but he was able to find all of it and treat it. I didn't get to speak with him after the surgery (obviously), but he went out and talked with Chris. He said that this is what you would hope for...a reason for the infertility and he was able to treat all of it. He is hopeful for our future. I am trying not to be too naive about the outcome, and get my hopes up too much. But, this has been such a long journey, and you have to take the silver lining with the darkness. This was a huge ordeal to put my body through, and it would have been devastating to have left without any answers. Or the disease could have been too bad to be treated. It was the best possible outcome, and I am going to hold on to that.

Thank you for all of your support and kind words. You don't know how much they mean to me...

All of the little comments and emails have kept me uplifted!

We also have big news about Bradley...he is now sleeping in his "Big Boy" room!! I have lots of pictures and a post to come. We canceled our five year anniversary trip last weekend, because I just wasn't up for traveling. Hopefully we will reschedule for later in the summer!

10 comments:

laura said...

oooh yipee yay!!

i was thinking happy thoughts for you all week and have been checking here frequently to see how you were doing! so thrilled to hear about your JOYFUL news!!

glad to hear you are on the mend, both physically and emotionally!!

xoxo!
laura & syd

p.s. did janna have her baby yesterday? i saw april's status update and wondered if that was her...

Lindsay said...

That picture of Bradley is so wonderful! I am glad to hear that each day gets better and better! I love you so much!

Courtney said...

I am so glad that you are feeling better and on the road to recovery. I love the picture of Bradley, he is such a cutie!

amanda said...

ugh i sooo remember the belly/chest full of gas! truly a freaky and totally uncomfortable feeling!

glad to hear that you got the best possible outcome...sending you happy thoughts for the next step :)

Jodee Leader said...

So glad to hear your surgery was successful. My co-worker had the same surgery and immediately got pregnant after it. I am hoping the same thing happens to you too!

Wishing you a speedy recovery from Nebraska!

Amy said...

Sounds like everything is turning the corner! Yeah! I'm waiting with baited breath for the post that says you are expecting!

As Always. . .I'll be praying!

Be Blessed,

Amy

Krystyn said...

So glad you are recovering and the surgery was a success.

Christy said...

I am glad it is over and done with. Hope you are feeling better friend.

amy said...

That is great news Clare; I am happy for you! I was thinking of you and checking in here throughout the week. Glad to hear that things are looking up! :)

Susan said...

SO happy to hear that the surgery went well and the future looks very hopeful. You will continue to be in my prayers as you heal and move forward.
That IS a great picture and I can see why it makes you smile.