Monday, May 4, 2009

So Much To Celebrate!

DSC_0063


Two weekends ago I traveled up north to my childhood neighborhood for a baby shower. Janna is a best friend from high school and college that is having her first boy! It was so fun to be a host and plan the details. I have met so many awesome mommies in our town through Bradley. It is funny that I didn't know them before their children were born or when they were just married. Janna is one of the first of 'my girls' to have a baby. She has called me for advice and with questions. I just wish I was closer to be there after baby D is born! They are having a boy, and his cute bedding has elephants on it. So, there was quite an elephant theme throughout the shower.


DSC_0292


These are the invites I made for the shower. I love how they turned out!


DSC_0125

The happy couple and all of the high school girls after the shower.


DSC_0124
Janna and I, I miss you!!!


DSC_0127


All of the shower hosts, quite a great crew:)


DSC_0048

Our peanut favors, so cute!


DSC_0058

Jill's amazing friend made these cakes for the shower.

The elephants match Janna's bedding perfectly!


DSC_0083


This was my favorite gift Janna received. It is a complete needlepoint of Noah's Ark from her husband's side of the family. It has hung in every cousin's room and was stitched by the baby's great grandmother. I have never seen anything like it!



We spent most of this weekend looking at lots and driving around town! We haven't made any final decisions, but I think we have narrowed it down to two different neighborhoods. The only problem is the neighborhood we really LOVE is about twenty minutes from town. It is in a good school system, with a pool, its own gym, and 'town center.' It is everything we were looking for, and we found a lot that we would love to build on there. It is just a little farther away than we had envisioned.


The other choice is a neighborhood that is just in the beginning phases of construction. It isn't going to have all of the things that the other neighborhood has. BUT, it is right in the heart of town. We made a list of the pros and cons last night, and have decided we are just going to give it a week or two and see how we feel about it. There isn't a rush!


We do have to be moved out of this place soon though! I was able to get all of the fine china and the family room packed this weekend. I have started on the kitchen today!! Wish me luck...that is a lot of stuff!!

14 comments:

Lindsay said...

ooo sounds like two great places! Please let me know how we can help you guys out.. We would love to take Bradley for a day so you two can pack! XOXO

amanda said...

looks like a super cute shower!

and sooo excited to hear about the house hunting...very fun!

laura said...

awwww....i love those pics! it's so great to the high school girls! ya'll look sooo cute!

Lisa@verybusymomwith4 said...

What a fun shower!!!! I loved that cake too :)

Good luck on choosing the house. Pros and cons lists are the way to go on that!

Krystyn said...

What a nice shower...taking notes for a few weeks from now.

Love the peanut idea.

amy said...

Hi Clare!

I love the peanut favors - how clever! And whomever made that cake has talent!

Congratulations on selling your house too.

Heather @ boy, girl, and a pug said...

What a fabulous shower! Great job on the invites!

Jodee Leader said...

What a fun baby shower! I love the elephant theme!

Christy said...

WOW! The shower pictures are fabulous. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the elephant cake. Adorable!

Amanda said...

The cards that you made for the baby shower are beautiful ~ you have a talent there.
I hope you find the perfect home soon ~ at least your house is sold. It takes the pressure off!
l,
Amanda x

Amy said...

First, I must say again that YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! You have the best hair ever! Second, the invites are adorable! Creativity must come naturally! I would have to really work on something like that! Finally, the shower favors and cake are great!

Looks like you hd a blast!

Janna said...

It was such a wonderful shower! Thank you again, Clare, for every adorable detail you girls thought of to make it a fun and memorable day! I love you each SO much and miss you tons!

Jennifer said...

Wow you invites are fabulous! I {heart} the cake and the peanut favors are such a great idea!

The Mrs. said...

That cake is beyond belief!!!