Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Recipes and Randomness

Bradley actually ate green beans this week!!! I really can't believe it! I told him they were little green sticks, and he went to town. Of course last night he decided he didn't want them, and would only eat one of them. He also has a nasty little cold this week, we have already missed preschool and work yesterday and we might be at home again tomorrow. Poor little guy! So I am sure not much is tasting good right now.

Potty training is still going great! We are having three and four day stretches where he hasn't had one accident. My parents watched Bradley for us on Saturday, so we could drive around town looking at houses and lots for sale. He did great with them, and used the potty at their house. I think he is really getting the hang of it. It is funny, now he wants his privacy and he doesn't want you to help him or in the bathroom with him at all.

I missed my one year blog anniversary, it was on April 5th, 2008. My first blog post was about Bradley riding around the house in a diaper box. You can read it here. The picture below is from the first post, doesn't he look so little?? Happy One Year Blogging for Me!!!

IMG_1439

Since we are sick and I have no fun pictures to share...here is a quick and easy Rachel Ray Pizza that I love! You can add really any topping to it, I added mushrooms to mine, but broccoli, peppers, sun dried tomatoes would all be great!


DSC_0336

Garlic and Herb Three Cheese Pizza

1 tube of pizza dough, or frozen pizza dough (thawed)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup ricotta cheese
1 (5 oz) soft cheese with herbs, crumbled (recommend: Boursin)
1 teaspoon lemon zest, eyeball it
2 cups shredded sharp provolone cheese (found in the cheese section at Harris Teeter)
1 container mushrooms

Instructions:

Preheat over to 425 degrees

Stretch dough out and form a thin round (mine was square). Use a little flour or cornmeal of your hand if dough sticks. (Before mixing the cheeses, chop and saute any of the toppings. I just sauteed the mushrooms in olive oil while I was making the pizza). Mix the garlic, ricotta, herb cheese and lemon zest. Spread the soft cheese mixture across the pizza dough to edge then top with an even layer of provolone. Put cooked veggie toppings over cheese. Bake until crisp and bubbly-brown on top. 18-20 minutes.

DSC_0333

I took a picture of one of my favorite cooking tools...the microplane. You can use it to shred cheese, mince garlic, zest, and lots of other stuff. For this recipe I used it to get the lemon zest and the minced garlic.

Happy Meal Time!!

10 comments:

bellaguinness said...

I love my microplane! I don't know what I'd do without that, my Dutch oven, or my Kitchen Aid mixer.

Amanda said...

I hope Bradley is feeling better soon ~ poor thing.

I am going to make that pizza ~ we love pizza in my house! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

And a happy belated Blogoversary to you!
l,
Amanda x

Chelle said...

Oh, no--we've been battling the miserable cold here, too! Poor Bradley--I hope he feels better soon!

Happy 1 year anniversary! I heart your blog!

And that pizza looks delish...yum! I have been craving pizza lately... :)

Lindsay said...

ooo blogversary! yay! That pizza sounds good! I hope Bradley starts feeling better soon!

Kristen Andrews said...

yum! Will tried baked beans yesterday and seemed to like them said he didn't but kept coming back for more.

Jodee Leader said...

Happy one year blogiversary!

I hope Bradley is feeling better soon. That pizza looks delicious too!

Christy said...

Congrats on the one year of blogging! Your little guy sure has grown!

Jenny said...

Happy one year blogging! The pizza looks oh so yummy...

Feel better Bradley and great job on the potty training!

Krystyn said...

Happy blogiversary!

Congrats on the potty training!

Laural Out Loud said...

Happy Belated Blogiversary! One year is a big milestone! Bradley does look so little in that picture- it's amazing how much they change in so short a time.

Oh, and now I totally want a microplane!