Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Perspective

IMG_1843



Well, I was going to post about; bubbles, potty training, two year old mischief, etc...but a phone call can put everything into perspective.

When your mom calls and says that your Dad is in the hospital your world changes. I first say, "My Dad?!" I guess in the past two years after losing three grandparents, I am used to my Mom and Dad referring to their parents being hurt or sick. I wasn't sure who she was talking about? Once it sunk in that he was having chest pains and shortness of breath, I started to get worried. My Dad doesn't like to admit that he isn't feeling well, and he doesn't willingly go to the hospital unless he is feeling really bad.

Thanks to my good friend Katie for watching Bradley this morning, I was able to go and visit him for a little while. They have decided to discharge him this afternoon and he will have a few more doctor's visits in a few days. But, until then I am just keeping everything in perspective. I am Thankful for all of our blessings...family, health, and happiness.

We love you Pop Pop, Get Well Soon!!

IMG_1731



9 comments:

Lindsay said...

Such a sweet post! I wish I was able to get over there today.. Glad Katie was able to come over and watch Bradley. XOXO See you this weekend!

amy said...

I will say a prayer for your Dad, Clare. xo

Chelle said...

Keeping your dad and your family in my prayers, sweetie.

(((hugs)))

Christy said...

Oh no. I hope he is feeling better soon and gets everything sorted out.

Brian and Karen said...

Praying for your dad and your family.

God Bless,
Karen :)

Jodee Leader said...

I hope your Dad is feeling better soon. I love the picture with Grandpa!

Katie said...

It was my pleasure watching Bradley! He's such a sweetie and I can't wait until the boys actually play TOGETHER!
I am definitely praying for your dad over these next few days/weeks.
Love you!

The Mrs. said...

I just want to bawl. I hope your Dad is okay. I love that picture. If something happened to my dad I would freak.

PS you can get the itzbeen on amazon or, land of nod, or right start!

Amanda said...

Beautiful pictures of Bradley and his Grandfather.

I will say an extra prayer for your Dad ~ I'm sure he will be just fine.

Much Love and Big Hugs,
Amanda x