Thursday, April 30, 2009

The List Goes On and On

DSC_0134

I can't believe I haven't posted since last Wednesday, that is probably my longest break! LIFE IS CRAZY!!! To say the very least!

I haven't written anything about it in a while, but we sold our house! It actually sold quite a while ago, the weekend before Easter. But, we were waiting on the contracts to finalize before really getting excited about it. Now we have been in the beginning phase of figuring out what exactly we were going to do. We have pretty much spent the past few weekends and a lot of this week looking at neighborhoods and resale houses on the market. As much as I would love to be really close to town, we finally decided last night that we were going to build a new house. We just didn't fall in love with any of the houses we saw, enough to make an offer. There are a few possiblities for lots that aren't too far from town. So, hopefully something will work out quickly in that area.

Now, I have the grueling task of finding us a six month leasing situation until our new house is completed. There is so much on the market right now...when I pulled up leases in a certain price range there were 165+ matches. I know we will find something!

We don't have one box, and I haven't started to pack a thing. So, for the next three weeks we will be in CRAZY packing mode at our house. I was waiting to pack, because I will probably pack a lot differently if we are leasing than if we did just one move. That task along, with switching addresses, turning off stuff, I might be in and out of the blog world until the middle of June. Hopefully we will be settled into our lease and somewhat unpacked by then.

I do have some wonderful pictures from the shower I hosted this week, along with my nephew's birthday party that I want to share! So, I am sure I will be posting those soon!

9 comments:

Amanda said...

That's great news!
I'm just a little bit jealous that you are buiding your new home though!!
hugs,
Amanda x

Amy said...

So happy about your house! Great picture of the little guy at the start of the post! I will miss you if you take a long break!

Lindsay said...

oo missed you on the blog! Yay for the house.. boo on not finding what you want! Let us know how we can help w/ the move!

laura said...

ooooh, congrats on the home sale!!! soooo exciting!!! "town" is my old stomping grounds, right?! oooh, how i would love to live there forever!!!

Jodee Leader said...

Congrats on selling your house! Happy Building!

Carly said...

You are one busy lady!!! So glad yall sold the house and will pray that your transition to your new place will be an easy one!

The Mrs. said...

Great news!!! You do have a lot happening there!!!

Liam's Mom said...

Congrats on getting the house sold! I hope the packing doesn't wear you out completely. Moving is the pits, but I hope that new house you are going to build will make it all worth it! With your hubby's skills, I am sure it will!

Krystyn said...

Congrats on selling the house. Good luck with the upcoming decisions and packing.