Monday, March 23, 2009

Where In The World Have You Been?

DSC_0247


I feel like I have fallen off the face of the earth...I have been seriously ill since last Wednesday night. Poor Chris has now taken care of Bradley and I, as this terrible stomach bug makes its way through every person in our home. Since Chris and I have been dating/married I have never been that sick. I spent most of Wednesday night in the fetal position on the bathroom floor, wishing that I could just have a drink of water.

Now five days later and six pounds lighter, I am finally feeling so much better! It was really beautiful out on Sunday, and we opened the windows in the house. I just wanted all of the winter germs to vacate the premisis. I am ready for winter to officially end (which I think it did on Friday), and spring to come! We were supposed to spend the weekend with Kim and Adam visiting the DC Zoo and visiting. All of that got canceled, which I was so sad about. Hopefully we can make it up there this month!

I was feeling so much better on Sunday so we spent a lot of time outside. We went down to the creek behind the house and looked for frogs (there weren't any, I am happy about that!). I took a bunch of pictures of Bradley playing outside yesterday. I am still working on learning more about my camera. It just has so many settings/choices. Most often I just set it on automatic and snap away.

I have spent most of today catching up on all of my missed housework and trying to take it easy. We have an exciting week coming up, it is Chris's birthday on Friday and my Mom's birthday on Saturday. It should be fun, we have something planned for both nights.

Happy Monday!

12 comments:

Lindsay said...

So glad to hear you are feeling better. I hope we can get over to see you guys for the birthdays.. :-)

Amanda said...

I'm so sorry that you caught the bug too ~ but let's hope (and pray!) that all the bugs have left your home now!

Bradley is looking very cute in that picture!

Love,
Amanda x

Just A Mom (Call me JAM for short) said...

I remember some of the bad stomach bugs that our family got when my kids were little! Sorry to hear that they got a hold of you. Feel better...

Cute pic of Bradley. He's a doll!

amy said...

Glad you feel better Clare! I have missed your updates. :)

Smart Girl said...

Happy you are feeling better--but hey you lost a few pounds ;)
I have one of those fancy cameras too-I just have it on automatic. I don't get it but I do enjoy the really fast clicks :)

Jodee Leader said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better! The boys have been sick at our house too!

Cute picture of Bradley!

Lisa@verybusymomwith4 said...

FYI--I was Smart girl--sorry about that. That is a different account on my laptop ;)

Krystyn said...

Glad you are feeling better and you were able to get out of the house!

Christy said...

So glad you're feeling better. I can't wait for Spring either. My kids are sick right now.

laura said...

glad to hear you are feeling better!!

Susan said...

So glad you are feeling better!
I know that stomach bug well and I agree, it was the worst thing I have had in a very long time.
Hope you are able to make up the plans that you missed while sick.

Stephanie said...

Love all the new pictures you've posted!!