Monday, March 30, 2009

Thank You, Bunnies, and Umbrellas

Random Title for a Random Post...

I first really want to say "Thank You" for all of the amazing comments from my post on Tragedy and Hope. It was really scary to hit 'publish' on that post and send it out there for everyone to read. It does feel good to share my story and hopefully help someone in the process. Chris actually couldn't believe that I wrote about it. He came home and said how proud he was of me, and he couldn't believe how far I have come since I met him. We actually met 2 months after my accident, so you can imagine the state I was in. He spent almost an entire year talking, listening, and wiping tears. I don't know of any 24 year old guy who would have done that. Most I think would run for the hills!! I love you Chris!


You are probably wondering about the bunnies and umbrellas part of the post...well it is a long story. But, we went out to dinner and drinks with friends on Saturday night to celebrate Chris's birthday. It just so happened to be raining...hence the umbrella. I'm not sure why Chris kept opening it at the bar, but he did. Much to my embarrassment. There was also a crazy bunny and the mad hatter at the bar. Weird, but true! Well, Chris and the boys got a big kick out of this and had to go up and talk to them. Of course! It was a fun night, and we have made so many wonderful friends here. It is just amazing!


the boys2

Some of the boys...Chris, his brother Shawn, Mike and Ben

me and chris
Chris and I

umbrella
The umbrella incident, don't ask!! But it happened more than once!


chris and rick
Rick and Chris thinking that something was really funny!

clare and cali
Cali and I at dinner

ben and erin
Ben and Erin

the girls
Some of the girls...Sarah, me and Ang

bunny scary
That crazy Rabbit...see I wasn't kidding!!

mad hatter
Apparently the mad hatter is a cool guy?!?

bert and chris

Gotta love it!

the hendricks
Chris, Cali and Rick


Fun times, but we can seriously only handle it once a year!!

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

Looks like Chris had a great birthday.. on of these reminded me of some of your wedding reception :-)! Glad you guys had a great weekend.. we need to get together for longer soon :-)

amy said...

The umbrella pic CRACKS ME UP! Looks like a good time was had by all. :)

Krystyn said...

Looks like a great time!

Just A Mom (Call me JAM for short) said...

S C A R Y

B U N N Y !

Other than that.... It looked like fun!

amanda said...

oh wow friend - how cute are all of you?? looks like some serious fun!!

OHmommy said...

that is one CRAZY rabbit indeed. you guys are all SO adorable.