Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I Ripped Off the Band Aid!

I know it is a weird metaphor, but my girlfriend that is an aerobics teacher told me that teaching your first class is just like ripping off a band aid. You just have to get that first class over with and then it can only get better! She is so right! Yesterday I team taught with a friend my first Body Step class!!!!! I don't know if you remember, but I got my certification at the end of the summer...well, I started working again in the schools and just didn't do much with it. Then there was an opening at a local gym, and I figured I better get moving! I didn't want to lose my certification or anything like that! So for the past week I have been doing a crash course in body step, since I haven't looked at anything in months.

Yesterday went really well, and I am so pumped to do it again! I am going to team teach tomorrow afternoon and then I will be solo for a Saturday morning class. The one thing I forgot was how extremely winded you get when you are exercising and yelling. I was definitely sweating and dripping by the end. I am so motivated to continue doing it and learn more material. What a blast!



In other news I am in love with Scott MacIntyre from this season of American Idol. He is their first blind contestant, and he is amazing! I am just so inspired listening to him sing. I hope he makes it through to the next round tonight. We'll have to wait and see!

Happy Wednesday!!


10 comments:

amanda said...

yay for you friend!! that is soo awesome!!

guess i'd better get off the computer now and head for the treadmill huh?

The Wolfepack said...

Dang, girl. More power to ya!

Carly said...

I am so proud of you and wish that I had your motivation! So glad you have your first class behind you!

Amanda said...

I'm so glad your first class went well!
l,
Amanda x

Lindsay said...

You can do it sis! Rip that band aid off!

Just A Mom (Call me JAM for short) said...

Yeah, I'm anxious to hear Scott sing and play the piano. Hopefully he'll get through.

Congrats on the class. Way to go!

Krystyn said...

Glad it went well...this makes me motivated to get back to teaching. I need to get this booty sweaty and winded!

Don Mills Diva said...

YAY - congrats for getting out there!

3 Peanuts said...

Great job on your first class Clare!!!! I would come to it if I were there! Kim

Kristen Andrews said...

that is awesome, way to go Clare!