Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Dad of the Year Award Goes To...

sick black and white

Chris is really an amazing husband and father. We had a really rough day yesterday! I dropped Bradley off at school, he was his normal little self; talking and laughing. After being a work for about a half an hour I got a phone call from his preschool. Bradley had thrown up twice at school! I felt so horrible, I rushed over to school and brought him home. We snuggled on the couch, watched TV, and just relaxed. After taking a nap he was seeming much better. He didn't have too much of a fever and hadn't gotten sick since. I gave him some saltines and a few ounces of pedialite.

Chris got home, and I headed off to teach body step. Chris and I both weren't feeling 100%, but it was too late for me to call in sick. After class my Dad and I went to "Jesus Christ Superstar" the Broadway show playing in our town. When I got home at 10 pm, Chris met me in the garage telling me to be really quiet. Bradley was finally asleep on the couch. He then told me that Bradley had thrown up every HALF an HOUR until I got home. (over 10 times!) He had taken care of him, changed the sheets on the couch and even put down some garbage bags. What an amazing Daddy!! Bradley was finally asleep for about 45 minutes and it seemed like he was doing better.

He is still pretty sick today, his fever is raging. I have him snuggled up on the couch watching 'Madagascar' and drinking little sips of water. These two men in my life make me so happy, even when they aren't feeling well. Thank you Chris for being you!! Bradley says thank you too!

9 comments:

Lindsay said...

oooo no!! I sure hope Bradley starts feeling better soon! Poor Chris thats the worst. Let us know if you guys need anything!

Amanda said...

Poor thing ~ i hope he is all better soon!
l,
Amanda x

amanda said...

oh poor bradely - and daddy and you!!

hope everyone is snuggled in and feeling better today :)

Christy said...

We had a nasty stomach flu bug a few months ago. No fun. I hope your little guy is feeling better soon.

CMG's Mom said...

Feel better soon Bradley...I'm sorry he is so sick.

3 Peanuts said...

Oh I am so sorry---that seems to be going around. Chris is a GREAT Dad!

Kim

The Mrs. said...

What a great hubby. Poor Bradley!!!

OHmommy said...

Hurray for incredible men. I hope they are feeling better soon Clare. lots of snuggles to both of them.

Katie said...

What an incredible blessing it is to have such a loving, supportive and HELPFUL husband. I sure do love mine!!
I hope Bradley is feeling better!
XOXO,
k