Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Whatcha Been Up To??

DSC_0132

This weekend I got to travel up to Northern, VA for my best friend's 30th Birthday Party! It was so great to visit with friends, have some drinks, and yummy cupcakes! (I didn't get a picture of the cupcakes, but they were delicious and so beautiful!!)

Lori and I lived together in our college sorority house, and have been friends for many years. I can still remember to this day meeting her the first day of sorority rush at Virginia Tech. It is amazing to think about how much has happened since that day!! We still laugh about her passing out during the the last night of rush, which is very intense and everyone is dressed up. She was so worried about getting into the sorority after that, but how could you not love her??

DSC_0135

It was definitely a great night, and just what I needed! We laughed, talked, and relaxed. It was so special to see one of my best friends that I have known since high school, Janna. She is now 5 months pregnant and was GLOWING!! It was fun to see her little baby bump starting to show, and hear about all of her plans for this upcoming year. I miss these ladies tremendously.

DSC_0125

I am sure Lori and Janna will laugh when they read this...to have their cute faces followed up by a picture of Bradley's potty.

In other EXCITING news!!! Bradley has peed on the potty every night last week and this week before taking a bath. I am not sure that we are 100% ready for potty training at this point, but we are definitely encouraging him. I went out to Target and bought him another potty for the downstairs bathroom, and some Elmo undies. I don't think he has any clue what the underwear are or what they are used for. After reading some more about it, I think we will probably wait until this summer to try full blown potty training. Unless, he keeps this up he might just figure it out before then!

It is hilarious to see him pee on the potty, because it plays a little tune when you go pee and Bradley will do a little dance. So cute!!

17 comments:

The Mom Jen said...

Way to go Bradley!! It's definately a good start, keep up the good work!

amy said...

I can actually remember meeting you at sorority rush Clare...we were painting little flower pots! :)

Christy said...

We really need to start potty training. I just can't bring myself to start the process. I am a chicken.

Lisa@verybusymomwith4 said...

All right Bradley! He is well on his way!

Glad you had fun visiting your friends--always a great time :)

Jodee Leader said...

Great job, Bradley! That is the cutest little potty chair!

It looks like you had a fabulous weekend with your friends!

Amy Mikel Waldron said...

I just love potty posts! It's such an accomplishment and oh so sweet!

Be Blessed,

Amy (Honestly)

kel said...

Yay, Bradley!!

Gwyneth Paltrow said...

Potty Training book saved my Sanity!!
________________________________________
Men’s Health Magazine (Sept. issue) recommends Potty Train Your Child in Just One Day: Proven Secrets of the Potty Pro by Teri Crane. My husband picked us up a copy after reading the article. IT REALLY WORKS!!

Everyone is talking about throwing a "potty party" to potty train a child. I was so desperate; I was willing to do anything. Her book outlines 10 themed parties. What kid doesn't love to play and pretend? All my mommy friends have successfully potty trained their kids with her book too.

Honestly, when I first learned of this book, I thought NO WAY! Maybe this would work on a little girl, but NOT a BOSSY, 2-1/2 year old BOY. NO WAY! Guess what? It REALLY WORKED!!! Teri Crane SAVED MY SANITY!!! Her book was easy to read, funny and extremely helpful. I can't thank Teri enough. I would HIGHLY recommend this book to EVERY parent. It will save you much grief and frustration. Potty training shouldn't be difficult, we as parents make it difficult because we don't know what to do. Teri teaches you. Buy the book, it's the best money you will ever spend

Most amazingly, I had some questions, so I called the author, and she CALLED ME BACK!!

amanda said...

uhm did gwyneth really just comment above me??

wow friend - u r truly famous!!

:)

huge congrats to bradley and you!!

Krystyn said...

Looks like you had a great time.

I agree...if he goes on it, great, but wait. I feel like we've been doing it forever, and I so would rather her still be in diapers!

cgharv said...

You are so fortunate to have such a great group of girlfriends.

Yay for Bradley and the big boy potty! Give him an extra special hug for me!

3 Peanuts said...

Sounds like GREAT fun with your friends! What is with the fake Gwyneth Paltrow comment? They trying to sell books?

Kim

Amanda said...

I'm glad you had a great time with your friends ~ just exactly what we all need from time to time ~ jut let our hair hang down!
Way to go Bradley on the potty training ~ he is well on his way to being fully toilet trained!
Love,
Amanda x

Heather said...

We are excited for you as you start to enter the "time without diapers" - it is VERY cathartic to walk down that aisle in the grocery store and KNOW you don't need them...but only when he is truly ready. My one bit of advice would be, that as you start doing it in earnest, have a potty chair for the car. (I have a thing for public restrooms myself, so I have of course, forced this phobia on my kids :) Anyway - it's a great way to use up the plastic grocery bags too..imo. Good luck and glad you had some mommy time with your friends! Don't you feel like a new woman??

CMG's Mom said...

What an awesome potty! (yes, only moms could get excited by this!). I remember those days well. After some ugly fits and many tears (mine, not his), I finally threw up my hands, thinking he would truly be the first child to go to school in diapers. He was three by that point!. A few weeks later, he asked to wear underwear one morning, and never looked back.
Ahhh...memories!
Good luck! And good for you for getting that girl time!

Liam's Mom said...

Yay for you getting away to be with your girlfriends and Yay for Bradley going on the potty! What a big kid! I am so impressed!

You'll have to get some footage of the little dance. That will be fun for you all to look back on later.

Laural Out Loud said...

Hopefully he doesn't start his dance until AFTER he's done peeing!