Monday, February 16, 2009

It's Been A While

DSC_0176



I don't really have much of an excuse for my lack of blogging lately!! Bradley was sick with that yucky cold going around last week, and then I caught it. So, we spent much of the week huddled in the house, missing school, friends, and just about everything. I think we are all starting to feel better, and I can't wait to get back to my normal blogging again. I miss reading all of my blogs, and I feel so out of it when I don't know what is going on out there:)


I also have to admit that last week with filled with LOTS of time working on projects around the house. We are putting the house on the market in a few weeks, and we have a lot to do! I spent a majority of my free time last week organizing and cleaning out just about every closet in the house. With two big trips to Goodwill I think I was pretty successful. Some of the things on my to do list this week are; cleaning the ovens (yuck!), shampooing the carpets (I actually enjoy this!), cleaning the windows, and the dreaded...cleaning the STORAGE area in the basement. That is enough to make you run screaming. I will have to do a before and after shot of that! You can barely walk in there right now, so I have a long way to go before our first open house. The rest of the house is looking great though!

DSC_0178



Valentine's Day was so great! My Mom came over and watched Bradley, and Chris and I went out to dinner. We were going to go to my favorite restaurant in town, but since I wasn't feeling well we passed. I hate to go and get great food and not be able to taste it! We went to Bone Fish which was perfect. Chris brought me those beautiful flowers, and also some yummy cupcakes. They are each a little piece of art, and taste even better. I have some pictures of Bradley chowing down on one that I want to post later this week.


Here are some of the things I wanted to blog about last week, but didn't get a chance:


DSC_0148



Last Sunday we celebrated my Grandma's birthday. Bradley was just getting his cold, so I went solo. It was fun to hang out with cute Sammy and my Grandma. She really enjoyed the party!

DSC_0140



DSC_0145



I love this shot of my Dad and Sammy! So cute!



DSC_0196



This is my favorite picture from the weekend! Aunt Kim and Uncle Adam came down to visit. They had a long weekend and spent the night with us. It was a blast! Bradley started calling Adam, "Elmo" with his red hair. I don't think Adam was liking that too much! But, we all thought it was hilarious. Kim and Bradley were playing on the swing set. Kim kept getting Bradley to say, Yeee Hawww! This little boy is a parrot, and will pretty much repeat anything. I'm not sure if that is a good or a bad thing!



10 comments:

Lindsay said...

Glad to hear you guys are feeling a little bit better. We need to hang out together soon! I love the pictures from Grandma's birthday. I forgot the camera so I totally stole those pictures :-)

Kristen Andrews said...

hope you feel better! those cupcakes looks really good!

Krystyn said...

Great pictures. I hope you all are feeling better.

Jodee Leader said...

Cute pictures! I hope you are feeling better soon!

amanda said...

hoping you guys are feeling better - truly sooo hoping. this sick baby thing is no fun!

and ps you are really moving? will your new house be as beautiful as your current house?

Just A Mom (Call me JAM for short) said...

Sounds like you have a great excuse for not blogging. Being sick and getting ready to put your house on the market! Wow. You did a great job in getting this post done. Love the family pictures. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Jaime said...

Hey Clare, I'm having a pretty giveaway on my blog so be sure to stop by.

Amanda said...

Glad you are both starting to feel better.
Good Luck with your house move, have you found a property yet?
The photo's are beautiful!
Love,
Amanda x

Tabitha said...

Sounds like you have had a busy time.
I love the picture of the roses ~ they are just gorgeous.
Love and hugs Tabitha XXXXX

Jennifer said...

Yum, I love Bonefish! Hope you're feeling better! Those cupcakes look yummy!

Oh, and the last picture is my favorite too :) So cute!