Sunday, January 11, 2009

There's a First Time For Everything!

We have had one snow fall from last winter to this winter. Just a light dusting that you could barely classify as a true 'snow day.' This weekend we headed up the mountains to a wonderful ski resort with some friends. It was our first 'snow day' as a family...even if it was man made snow it was still awesome! The resort had a fun kiddie section for all of the little snow bunnies. Bradley took to the cold weather and the snow much better than we expected! You never know if he is going to love something or not! We went tubing, sledding, made snow balls, and played on a tube carousel! After nap time for the kiddies we went to the indoor pool and swam around in the warm water. It was so much fun for the adults too, to put the kids to bed and drink wine and relax by the fire.

Of course I went totally overboard with the photos. You would of thought we were in the snow from morning to night. But, we were really only at the kiddie park for a few hours total. I was just so excited to see Bradley all bundled up in snow bibs and boots. Here are some of my favorites!


Going down the hill for the first time, he doesn't even look scared!





Playing with Daddy on the tube!

Riding down the hill backwards...I just loved his little hat sticking out of the tube!



There were tons of different blocks and animals to climb on in the snow.







Chloe all bundled up! Bradley was a little more adventuresome than Chloe. We kept asking her to ride in the tube with Bradley. She would say, 'tube scary.' Too funny!




Traveling around in the sled





Around and around in the tube carousel



Riding up the magic carpet


This is FUN!



Go Faster!



Daddy and Bradley climbing up the big hill! I still can't believe my little baby didn't get scared going down on the tube. It went really fast!


Laughter




I love this shot!


Mommy's turn








Baby cuteness



Snowball fights!



Yummy!


I love this photo too!











I can pull my own tube!



















Stay warm!
PS It is amazing the difference in these photos (that are much better on my computer) than my pictures from the last post. I put all of my last pictures up on flickr, and then used the code to post them. I uploaded all of these photos directly into blogger. When I tried to upload them into flickr it told me they were too big, and I would have to pay a fee. I didn't feel like doing that, but I wish you could see the photos more clearly. Does anyone have any other photo sharing sites that they use? I have an account with photobucket, but I have had problems with my photos being HUGE when I use them. Maybe it is me?


13 comments:

Jodee Leader said...

Oh my goodness! These tubing pictures are the cutest! It looks like you had a great time playing in the snow!

Hope you have a great week!

Amanda said...

That all looks like so much fun!
Wish we were there ~ we hardly ever get any snow here :-(
Great Pictures!
love,
Amanda x

Heather said...

HOW FUN!!! Love the pictures!!! They look fun and fantastic.

As for the sizing, I use photobucket. You can adjust the sizes so they won't be huge. I think mine is set to 400 x 600 or something like that. Hope that helps!

Lindsay said...

awww looks like you guys had so much fun! I love all of the photos!!

Krystyn said...

Love the pictures.

I use photobucket, too, and set the size I want before I upload it.

I think that's an option on flikr, too.

Liam's Mom said...

I just use picasa - nothing special.

You got so many great photos on your snow tubing adventure! That looks like an awesome place! I wanna go!

Carly said...

Wow! What a fun weekend! So glad y'all got to enjoy some family time on the slopes!

3 Peanuts said...

You look like you had such a GREAT time:) I use Flickr. I joined because I use ti as a way to store my photos too For a one year member ship it is reasonable. Blogger was going to start charging me because my files were so big.

Kim

The Mrs. said...

Looks like everyone had a blast!

Annmarie said...

What a great job you're doing with the photography. Well, look at the subjects . . . you can't miss. But really, I love when I take photos with just the white snow background. I see you got a few of Bradley like that. NICE!
Again my wish is to come back, in my second life, as one of your kids.
OMG!! You guys have so much fun!! Bradley is a very lucky little boy.
And of course he's not scared . . . he's in great HANDS!! He loves his Daddy and trusts that nothing will happen to him. Not like his Grandfather sleding down a huge hill like that one and hitting a bunch and running over his baby sister. We lived to laugh about it now.
And the last thing I have to say is . . . Where is that child's mittens?? hahaha

Katie said...

Looks like you all had a blast! I'm so glad.
As for the picture thing...let me know what you learn. For a year and a half, I've always directly uploaded to blogger and would love to find something quicker. Wish I had more advice for you!
Talk to you soon,
Katie

Jenn said...

How fun ! I use to love taking the kids to do that and I can't wait for Brody to be big enough to go !

The Major's Wife said...

stumbled upon your blog...hopped over from One Fab Mom. Where is this snow park?? You mentioned the dc zoo and the baltimore aquarium in another post so if it's near the metro area I would love to go with my kiddos. I'm in the dc area.