Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Napping Strike

DSC_0271

We have been on a little napping strike over here. I feel like a crazy mommy, but Chris does call me the 'nap nazi.' Seriously, this child has always been a wonderful napper and sleeper at night. I have gone to great lengths to respect his nap schedule over the past two years. Well, on and off since Thanksgiving we have been going through some napping woes. This all seemed to start with our string of ear infections too, but we can't quite get back to normal. Bradley will have days were he just won't sleep. I will do everything the same, and he will sit in his crib and talk to himself for over an hour. Then he usually starts running around the crib and throwing everything out! I really wouldn't mind if he gave up his nap.....BUT he is HORRIBLE without it.


After a wonderful weekend away (he slept like a dream while we were gone) he decided not to nap on Sunday. By 5:00pm he was wondering around the house, crying over everything, and just plain hard to be around. He totally lost it at about 5:30, and was in bed until 7 the next morning. So you see, we just aren't ready to kick the old nap to the curb. Don't even get me started on how much I still want him to nap...but that is another issue!

Yesterday...no nap, AGAIN!! I couldn't believe it, so we were headed to visit my friend Jen's precious new baby Campbell. Bradley pretty much slept the entire trip over, and was not the most pleasent child once we got there. (see above picture for details:)

I know this isn't too exciting to read about, but it is what's going on over here!

DSC_0274

Sweet baby Campbell sleeping away

DSC_0278

What do you do when you add up one grumpy toddler and two moms who really want to chat??
Curious George and Cheeze Its!!

11 comments:

Lisa@verybusymomwith4 said...

Oh I feel for ya--hopefully he will be back on a napping schedule soon!

Lindsay said...

ooo I feel for you.. Sammy is napping okay.. just waking up in the middle of the night.. I feel for you! Let me know if you figure out the issue :-)

Krystyn said...

Could he be getting some molars? I think Izzy had that same problem. A little ibuprofen before nap time, and she was out. I don't think she could say she was hurting, but she was very whiny.

And, even if he doesn't nap, at least he has quiet, alone time.

Katie said...

Oh boy, Clare! I'm hoping that this too shall pass for you VERY soon! Life is always changing with little ones!
Be blessed,
Katie

paige said...

amen on nap time for sure.
did you two get to complete any sendtences or did the cheezits run out too quick :)
xo

Laura said...

Maybe it's the ugly weather? Syd's been protesting naps this week too!

Jodee Leader said...

I can totally relate! Kamree is completely unbearable by 6:00 p.m. without a nap! I do everything I can to make sure she gets one. It makes our lives sooo much easier! Hang in there!

3 Peanuts said...

Kate went through this too---it is just a phase. Keep putting him down every day no matter what and eh WILL nap again. I promise.

amanda said...

oh friend, totally feeling you.

we too are having some major napping issues in our neck of the woods. hubs thinks i am crazy when i try to put her down by six thirty. but she needs it!! not to mention i need it!!

an over tired baby is no fun!!

hang in there friend :)

Liam's Mom said...

I so know how the napping wars go. Since August when naps went bye bye, we've been punished if we don't get him in bed by 7:30. Yikes. Zombies are grumpy!

The Mom said...

oh no, he and k both...not fun