Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Hope and History

DSC_0288

"We remain a young nation, but in the words of Scripture, the time has come to set aside childish things. The time has come to reaffirm our enduring spirit; to choose our better history; to carry forward that precious gift, that noble idea, passed on from generation to generation: the God-given promise that all are equal, all are free, and all deserve a chance to pursue their full measure of happiness."

~ Barack Obama, Ingauration Speech


DSC_0297

I wanted to be able to tell you when you are older that you watched history happen. We rushed home from preschool, we practiced the word President, we ate popcorn and you watched. You watched history, a changing nation, and equal rights for every man realized on January 20, 2008. This will be a wonderful generation to grow up in, my little Bradley. Hopefully a place where dreams can come true no matter your creed, color of your skin, or your social standing. Your generation will make this world a better place. Events like today prove that anything is possible.

Amazing, hopeful, inspiring...

10 comments:

Tabitha said...

What a great post ~ your little boy watching history being made!
I love the photos too ~ he is such a cutie!
Love and hugs Tabitha XXXX

Just A Mom (Call me JAM for short) said...

Love the picture and the post. It was important for me today to post something about my guy too. They will be talking about it with their kids some day.

Carly said...

Yep, today was one for the history books. Mr and I stayed glued to the television too. Love the pics of sweet Bradley.

TheSamuelFamily said...

We did the same thing with the kids! We wanted to show them these pictures when they are older. I have to admit I did not vote for him but watching the inauguration today gave me chills! Cute pics!

Jodee Leader said...

I enjoyed reading your history post! Cute pictures!

OHmommy said...

Oh Clare.... I took a similar picture today on my 365 project. It is history,

The Mrs. said...

Landon watched it a little and can say OBAMA!

Laura said...

Looks like I wasn't the only one taking pics of their kid with Obama on tv in the background! :) Love this! XOXO!

Stephanie said...

I believe that quote was the most powerful of his entire speech. ThE whole day I sat and watched history unfold...It's truly amazing. Great post:)

Heather @ boy, girl, and a pug said...

Great pics! That was a great day!