Monday, December 8, 2008

Old "McBradley" Had a Farm Party!!

Welcome to "Old McBradley's" Birthday Bash! We are officially parents of a 'two year old!' That is so exciting (and scary)! The party went off without a hitch, and we even got some beautiful snow flurries during the party. The kids seemed to love the big barn, and spent most of the time in the basement playing with it. I was able to snap a few shots, but it is really hard to take pictures and be a host. Here is a photo of the good bags and the animal hats ready for the kids to pick up.
The Tractor Cake! I did it! I just can't believe it, but I did a trial cake on Wednesday, made a few adjustments and the final cake turned out amazing! I put Bradley up to the table to see it before everyone arrived and all he said was, "EAT!"

Landon and Bradley stamping away!



THE BARN! Chris spent almost the entire week working on this thing! It is a refrigerator box and a stove top box hooked together. He trimmed it and everything. I think some of the adults had just as much fun playing around with it as the kids!


The adorable animal stampers



These balloon animals were so much fun!
The kids could stick on stickers to make the different animal faces. Very cute!


Some of the goodies

More farm animal balloons

Yummy food with my barn centerpieces


Some of Chris's good friends from work


Two sweet boys, Brandon and Bryce playing with Bradley's new John Deere Barn.
It was a hit at the party, and Bradley loves it too!

Opening some of the gifts. It was fun to see Bradley so interactive with the whole process. It is amazing what a difference a year makes!

Chris picked out this huge John Deere dump truck. I think it is his favorite toy yet. He spent a great deal of the party pushing it around with balloons in the back.

My Dad and Adam enjoying some of the spread

Shannon, Greta, and I taking a break for a photo opp.

I love this picture of Sammy. My sister has about an hour drive home, so they put Sammy in his jammies before leaving. He was checking out Santa, such a sweetie!

Aunt Kim and soon to be Uncle Adam (just two weeks!) aren't they so cute?

My sister and Sammy in his duck hat


Adorable Luke

Me and my Dad

One of my good friends Talayeh and her beautiful daughter Ava
Phew! I love throwing parties, it was a blast. Chris and I are exhausted after all of it! I just can't believe another year has gone by. It seems like life has been on fast forward since having Bradley. I just want to pinch myself and enjoy the moments to the fullest!
Happy Birthday Baby Boy! Daddy and I love you so much!


13 comments:

Lindsay said...

We had such a blast on the farm! Bradley is such a big boy now. It is amazing what a year will do! Can't wait to do Christmas with you guys! XOXO

Krystyn said...

Okay, you must now come and do my kids' parties. I couldn't do anything remotely that cool and exciting.

amanda said...

uhm i agree with krystyn - can i hire you?? seriously honey everything looks amazing!!

Amy Waldron said...

The CAKE is great! Way to go Clare!

Be Blessed,

Amy (Honestly)

Chelle said...

The party looked amazing! What a fun party--and it looks like everyone had such a great time, too!

Heather @ boy, girl, and a pug said...

You throw one kick ass party my dear:) Ella's b-day is coming up. Any way you could come host:)

Awesome job on the cake. You done good honey:)

Christy said...

WOW! The party looks amazing! I love the barn! And the cake looks fabulous! WOW!

Jodee Leader said...

What a fabulous farm party. It looks like everyone had a blast! You did a great job with all of the details!

Susan said...

What an amazing party! My son would have loved every minute of it.

The Justice Family said...

Tractor cake turned out perfect! Good work. Loved all your farm accessories for the party too. I bet Bradley had a blast.

Laura said...

I'm hiring you to do Syd's birthday cake next year! Impressive!! Happy Bday Bradley!

The Mrs. said...

WAIT! There's another Blonde Landon in the world? Stop the presses!!!!! What a cure party! You did an amazing job!

OHmommy said...

What a cute party! Happy birthday Bradley.

And what a pretty house you have already decorated for the holidays (in your last post)