Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Celebrations, 2008 Style

I thought last year was amazing at Christmas time, well this year was unbelievable! Chris and I had such a blast hosting my family and really getting to play 'Santa!' We were like kids on Christmas ourselves, setting everything up and just so excited to see Bradley open all of his gifts.

Since both sides of our family seem to be growing with new spouses and new babies, there is beginning to be a new sort of normal for the holidays. With the wedding last week, we didn't get a chance to visit with Chris's family much! Hopefully we will be better organized next year and get time with both sides. Last year and this year my side of the family has gotten together on Christmas Eve to exchange gifts and have dinner. We decided to do that again this year, but we only let the boys open one present. We will see what traditions will start to form over the years, but I would love to go to church on Christmas Eve as well. So, it might have to be an early dinner next year! I decided I am going to buy Bradley and my nephew Sammy an ornament each year that represents them. I didn't get pictures of them, but I bought Bradley a John Deer tractor with his name and date on it. Sammy got a little toddler boy holding a blankie with his name on it as well. I was hoping to do this with all of my children and they could decorate their own trees in their rooms as they grow up!

Now that all of the craziness is over (sort of) I finally uploaded all of my pictures from December. There were over 850+ photos to sort through, but these are some of my favorites from Christmas Eve and Christmas Day....


I had to start with this photo from Christmas morning! It is kind of a weird shot because one side of the photo is the column in the family room. Bradley had just come down the steps Christmas morning and saw all of his gifts. He ran to the first one and shouted, "OPEN!!!" It was exactly what I had pictured him doing!!


To back track a little bit, I wanted to include some photos from Christmas Eve as well. This is Chris and I in front of the tree after Christmas Eve dinner with the family. Bradley was a bit excited, so we didn't try for a family photo. Hopefully next year we can make sure that happens!


I finally got my gold plates for my red charger plates in the dining room. I love the way the place settings turned out! I pulled out the fine stemware and flatware and we had a 'fancy dinner.' I guess if you include high chairs and booster seats it is still fancy.

One of our attempts at a family photo! I love this one of Bradley and Sammy
with Pop Pop and Gigi!



After everyone left from dinner on Christmas Eve, Chris and I turned on 'Home Alone.' While watching our Christmas movie Chris set up the train table and I filled the stockings. It was such a fun night for the two of us. We didn't get each other much this year. I actually wasn't expecting anything because I got my awesome camera. But, I did find two tickets to the upcoming Rascal Flatts and Jessica Simpson concert in my stocking! Someone is a very sneaky Santa!!

Bradley got lots of goodies on Christmas morning. Honestly, I didn't know where we were going to put everything. I spent a good deal of Friday morning rearranging the playroom, putting away old toys, and just organizing. I still feel like I need to go through everything again, but we are up and running. He loves these two planes he got from Santa, a passenger and cargo plane. They even have a little airport terminal that goes with them. Looks like we just need some plane tickets to a warm destination and mama and baby will be happy:)


Bradley got this awesome tool set from my sister Lindsay. He had to take his nap with the saw and the hammer. What a cutie! We spent a good majority of the day opening gifts. I think Bradley got a little overwhelmed by everything. Every gift we opened had to be played with for at least 20 minutes before he was ready to move on. Needless to say it was a long process!


Above everything else (even the train table) Bradley favorite toy is his new police car he got from Gigi and Pop Pop. It was really a beautiful day here on Christmas. We decided to take it out for a spin. Bradley didn't even have a jacket on! He has basically ridden in his car every day, all day since Christmas. It is the funniest thing. They picked a good one!!


Of course Daddy and Pop Pop had to take turns wearing the construction hat, per Bradley's request Christmas day! I didn't take a picture of our dinner on Christmas, but I should have. We fixed steaks and shrimp with twice baked potatoes. It was scrumptious!


There are lots more tidbits about the holiday that I want to post later this week.

Bradley woke up with some sort of cold on Christmas and has an ear infection, and it seems like I have gotten his lovely cold too! So, we are just resting and enjoying more family time with Daddy!


I hope everyone had a great holiday!

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

Sounds like you had a great Christmas :-) Thanks for the delicious dinner on Christmas Eve!

McMommy said...

I loved looking at all your Christmas pictures!!!! My boys got many of the same presents and boy, they were a big hit!

And what a beautiful pic of your hubs and you!!

Happy New Year!! xoxo

Just A Mom (call me JAM for short) said...

Sounds like a perfect Christmas! Your table was beautiful. And your little Bradley is at such a cute age for Christmas. All so new and exciting. Sorry to hear about the colds you both got. That seems be be going around EVERYWHERE!

Kristen said...

Looks like you all had a great Christmas too:-) I got the same present as you...tickets to the concert! I can't wait!

Lisa@verybusymomwith4 said...

What a great Christmas--the table looks beautiful and the pic of you and your hubby needs to be framed!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

The Taylor Family said...

It looks like a picture perfect holiday. Once Addisan is 100% better, we would love to meet up with you all! Miss you and love ya!

Jodee Leader said...

What a fabulous Christmas! I agree -- playing Santa is soooo much fun! I love your fancy table too!