Monday, December 15, 2008

29 and Holding

Today I am celebrating my 29th birthday...no really I am!! I can't believe that I am already 29, the past 10 years have just flown by...college, marriage, baby, oh my! Chris and I went out on the town on Friday night celebrate, out to dinner and then we saw "Four Christmases." It was a great night, and we had a blast hanging out together. We were talking about how long we have been dating/married, a total of seven years. It is so crazy when you have been with someone almost longer than college and high school combined. I just think about how much I learned, changed, and grew up in those years and really came into myself. As I reflect on this past year it has been wonderful! Watching Bradley change so much, he was only saying a few words last Christmas and now he can talk in almost full sentences. Time is just flying by with him at my side! Chris and I's marriage has grown in many ways too, and I am still very much in love with him as when we met in 2002. He cooked me a fabulous dinner tonight, coconut shrimp and crunchy noodle salad (my request!). He is currently whipping up some 'molten cakes' as I type. I Love You Chris, thanks for a great birthday!

This is also a random post, it is so hard this time of year to keep up with my blogging and get everything done. We were up late last night finishing up the Christmas cards, I made them myself this year. I will post a picture this week!

I wanted to include some of things we have been up to lately:

Since it is my birthday, I wanted to post some of my pictures with my new camera. I love this picture of Bradley outside with his new truck. We have been trying to play outside every afternoon, even if it is really chilly. It is just so nice to get out of the house!


We went to the Ringling Brothers Circus on Saturday! It was so much fun! I got a few pictures of the elephants, but it was hard to get photos with Bradley switching from lap to lap. He LOVED the elephants and the tigers!! There was also a little dog show that he kept talking about. We bought a program and he looked through it a bunch on Sunday talking about the different parts of the show. Here he is with his clown nose on!

This was one of the first shots I snapped with my new camera.
Daddy and baby playing!
I love it!



Before we went out on Friday night we 'took' our Christmas picture. This isn't the photo we used for the card, but I LOVED it! It shows a small glimpse of life with a two year old boy. Trying to wiggle away, even after we bribed him with candy. His little face looks full of mischief!
Merry Christmas!!




16 comments:

Lisa@verybusymomwith4 said...

Happy birthday :)

Jodee Leader said...

Happy Birthday, Clare! It sounds like you had a great day! I agree -- the years fly by sooo fast! Enjoy the rest of your birthday week! Cute pictures too!

Chelle said...

Happy birthday, sweetie!!

Your pictures are great!

Linda said...

Happy Birthday Clare and Merry Christmas too! Enjoy!

The Mom said...

What a fun weekend of special family time! I really want to see that movie!

Happy Birthday and you have such a wonderful family to be thankful for this Christmas season, that photo just shows so much spirit in Bradley!

Amy Waldron said...

Oh. . .happy BLESSED birthday! I have been 29 for 4 years now! It's the best!!!!!

Also, I think the new photos are great! You just have to love new cameras! I'm still getting used to mine!

Be Blessed,

Amy (Honestly)

Lindsay said...

I am glad you had a great birthday! Love you so much!

Carly said...

So glad you had a wonderful birthday! Can you facebook me your address when you get a chance? Love the pic of "Nick" and Bradley:)

amanda said...

happy, happy birthday friend :)

Lauren said...

Happy, Happy Bday! I hope you had a fabulous date night! I can't tell you thanks enough for the bagels. Never had veggie cream cheese before but it is now my official favorite. LOVED IT!

Talk to you soon!

Heather @ boy, girl, and a pug said...

Happy birthday girl! Hope you had a great one. Can't wait to see those Christmas cards.

Christy said...

Happy Birthday old woman! I kid, of course:)

Kellan said...

Really cute pictures! Happy Belated Birthday!!!

Take care - Kellan

Kristen Andrews said...

as always love the pics!

Don Mills Diva said...

You are obviously a very lucky woman - Happy Birthday!

Krystyn said...

Happy Birthday (sorry it's late)!

It is so fun to think back to the past 10 years and see all of the changes.