Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thousand Word Thursday~ Stages of Time Out

Cheaper Than Therapy


Bradley woke up from his nap on the wrong side of the crib. After a fit about which snack to eat, he decided to throw it down on the ground. I told him if he threw again he was going to time out...well he went there anyway. I know this probably doesn't reinforce not throwing, but I couldn't help but snap some photos of Bradley in time out...



Stage One: Disbelief

"Oh Man!! She sent me here again!"

Stage Two: Distraction
"Maybe I can distract her by pointing to the dog??"

Stage Three: Pity Party

"Hopefully if I start crying I can get up??"



Stage Four: Full Blown Pity Party!!
"Now I will really cry to get out of this!!"



Stage Five: Boredom
"I found this book, this might entertain me..."





Stage Six: Cuteness
Enough Said!




19 comments:

Amy said...

This is too cute! Don't you wish we could handle all bad situations like a child?

Be Blessed!

Amy (Honestly)

Jodee Leader said...

Cute time out pictures! We have a naughty step too!

Just A Mom (call me JAM for short) said...

What a darling series of photos! It tells a great story.

Carly said...

Im impressed that he understands the concept enough to stay put! This is one sweet, sweet boy! I know he could do no wrong:)

Lindsay said...

to cute!! I too am impressed he stays there. We have to stand in front of Sammy and give him the stern look. However he enjoys time out and thinks it fun.. not sure how to change this.

Kellan said...

Yes - DEFINITELY CUTENESS!! He's so darling - how could he ever get in trouble!?!

Take care - Kellan

amanda said...

love. love. love the last stage :)

and he fits so perfectly on the step!

Liam's Mom said...

I basically have to sit on Liam to make him stay in time out. Way to go Bradley!

Annmarie said...

OMG what a dollbaby!! Wait till he finds out that everytime you take his picture it will go on the "Blog". He'll turn from CUTE, CUTE, CUTE to HAM, HAM, 2 yar old Devilham.

Carol said...

Cutest time out ever!!!

Indy said...

You are going to love these photos even more than you do now when is big.

Candy said...

why is it they are THE CUTEST when they are being "bad"?!?!?

adorable.

Eva said...

I should get some pictures of my little girl in a bad mood. Good idea.

The Mrs. said...

Oooh the cuteness!!! Landon does this too!

Jaime said...

Very Cute!

paige said...

aren't those the same stages we respond with too!
i love this post

happy thanksgiving!!

Laural Out Loud said...

Our time out spot is the bottom step, too! Your steps are way nicer than mine, though, lol. I'm afraid to say that time out may not be as impressive as it used to be, and I'm going to have to find alternative forms of punishment. Like taking away toys. But the step served us well for years.

Christy said...

AWWWWW...that is so cute! Porgie loves going to time out. I think I am going to have to find another way to punish her.

Jenny said...

too cute Bradley!!