Monday, November 10, 2008

Old "McBradley" Had a Farm

So this weekend went by in a flash! I was solo mama while Chris partied it up at Adam's bachelor party. Kim and Adam's wedding is getting closer and the festivities are definitely under way. I have been busy getting t-shirts and other fun goodies for Kim's bachelorette weekend. We are having the girls here at our house. We are going to visit some wineries and other fun stuff along the way. It should be great!

In the middle of all of that, Bradley little 2 year old birthday is sneaking up around the corner. We decided that since he loves everything 'farm' we are going to have a farm party. I have been working like crazy on my barn invitations. This is what I came up with, what do you think?


We are going to have an old refrigerator box painted to look like a barn. The kids will be able to play inside of it! I ordered some farm sticker pages that the kids will be able to use. I also got a ton of farm animal stampers, so that will be a good art project. I was also thinking about closing off an area of the house, putting a ton of pink balloons with little faces and tails, and calling it a 'pig pen.' The kids could run around with the balloons, pop them, etc. Of course I am going to make a tractor cake, this will be my first test at truly cake decorating, so wish me luck!


Here are the gifts we got Bradley for his birthday. We are going to have them out for all of the kids to play with! I LOVE the huge barn, and we bought a bunch of really big farm animals from Target. We got all of his toys here.


These are the adorable animals stamps that I found at oriental trading company.


Farm visors for the kids to wear when they come over! I also got those here.



Off to do more planning for the bachelorette party and the farm party (that just doesn't go together in the same sentence!) Happy Monday!



18 comments:

Lindsay said...

ooo Clare the invitations are so cute!! Sammy can't wait to celebrate his cousin's birthday with him! XOXO see you tomorrow!

Krystyn said...

Those invites are GREAT! And, the party idea is fabulous! I never come up with great stuff like that!

Chelle said...

So cute! You did such a good job...and his gifts are great!

amy o'brien said...

Wow Clare, that farm party is SO cute! I wish we lived closer together because we really share a love for crafts. Enjoy!

amanda said...

adorable!! all of it honey!! sooo stinkin cute :)

i can't wait for the big day!!

Liam's Mom said...

Talk about a lucky kid! What a fun party that is going to be... the farm one! ;)

You are so creative!

Dee said...

I love everything! This looks like its going to be a blast..can we come? LOL! I cant wait to see pictures of it all done!

Katie said...

Wow, Clare. Everything looks fabulous. Looks like it will be the "2-year old party of the year"!
Hope to see you all soon.

Lisa@verybusymomwith4 said...

I love it! How can anyone not come to a party with such cute invites :)

You are so creative!

Heather @ boy, girl, and a pug said...

Too cute! I wish we lived closer:(

Christy said...

Love the invitations! You are so crafty.

Jenny said...

just love the invites...how creative!

Candy said...

awwwwwwwwwww.

sooooooooo adorable.

Laural Out Loud said...

This is going to be a totally awesome party! How fun! I can't wait to hear how it goes, and see all the pictures.

In the last post, you can see how much Bradley has grown in just the last few months. He's getting to be such a big boy!

The Mrs. said...

Such great ideas!!!! It's going to be a wonderful party!!!!

Chelle said...

I left you something on my blog...

Heather T. said...

Clare, those invites are adorable! You amaze me with your creativity! LOVE the barn theme!

Sorry I couldn't make it the other night. I really wanted to come but I'm swamped with stuff and wasn't planning on that night in the ER with Bryce. Hopefully soon things will slow down and we can come back!

OHmommy said...

What wonderful ideas Clare. You are so stinking creative! I love the invite.