Monday, November 17, 2008

Looking Fine and Drinking Wine...Again!

What an amazing weekend....I am totally exhausted!! Early this summer I helped put together a bachelorette party for my best friend. Well this weekend I hosted 15 of my sister in law's best friends for a wine tasting, bar hopping weekend. I used a lot of the same ideas from the summer, including our t-shirts that said, "Looking Fine and Drinking Wine."

It is so fun to be the host, and so much work! I know that Kim had a blast spending time with friends and having everyone together. Everyone arrived on Friday, and I had chicken tortilla soup on the stove. The recipe is wonderful (everyone was asking for it). But, I can't take the credit I got it from my friend Kim at 3 peanuts. I have had it at her house and it is great for a large group or just your family. It was perfect since people were arriving at different times. I also made an AWESOME pumpkin dip that was a huge hit. We ate that the whole weekend (breakfast, lunch, and dinner!) Can you tell we ate a lot this weekend?

We went to three different wineries on Saturday. They were so fun! The best part was the transportation. It was a "hooptie" bus, basically an old school bus painted blue. The second winery we went to was very classy, and it was hilarious arriving on our bus with forty people staring at us. (They were getting a tour of the winery). You should of seen the look on their faces when the huge bus doors swung open and a ton of girls in matching shirts hop off the back of the bus. What a sight!

Here are some of my favorite pictures from the weekend!

I love you Kim, and I loved hanging out with all of your friends!


Our "Hooptie" Bus!


Everybody lined up for a tasting!




Some of the girls on the hooptie bus, the ventilation was a little windy...




Me and Mary






14 comments:

Firefly said...

Looks like lots of fun :) Thanks for visiting us :)

Just A Mom (call me JAM for short) said...

So..... are you a professional party planner? If not you should be! It looks like everyone had a great time. We have some great wineries here in the Napa, CA area. It would be so much fun to wine taste in a "Hooptie" bus!

Lindsay said...

Looks like you guys had a blast!! Love the bus!

kel said...

Looks like fun! I wanna go next time!

Chelle said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun! Love the bus, the shirts, the soup idea...perfect!

amanda said...

that is my very favorite dip ever!! i could truly just eat it with a spoon!!

so glad you guys had such a great time :)

Krystyn said...

What a fun time! And a great idea for a party!

Great pictures, too!

Kellan said...

Looks like a great time, Clare!! And, thanks for the great tortilla soup recipe - it's my favorite and I'm always looking for new soup recipes!

Have a good week -Kellan

Jodee Leader said...

What a hoot! It looks like you had a great weekend!

Amy said...

I love the "Looking Fine & Drinking Wine" idea! I bet it was a blast! Thanks for stopping by to visit my blog! I think I'm going to try the tortilla soup that everyone is raving about! The snowmen were a HIT at the party that I brought them to! Everyone wanted to take them home in little baggies instead of use them and eat them! Smile! Hope you enjoy! I have been enjoying getting to know you through your blog! By the way. . .I LOVE your curls!

Blessings,

Amy

Jenny said...

what a wonderful idea! sounds like fun was had by all. i will have to try the tortilla soup...sounds yummy!

Lisa@verybusymomwith4 said...

That looks like so much fun--good luck to the bride to be :)

The Taylor Family said...

Love the bus...brings me back to my sorority days:) Also, I think I am going to make that pumpkin dip. I can't wait! Love, Jen

Candy said...

HOW FUN!!!!!!!!!