Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Favorite Things Part II and Bloggy Awards!





YAY! More bloggy bling! Chelle from Creative Mama gave me this fabulous bloggy award today! Thank you Celle! I was going to do another post on my favorite things...so perfect! To receive this award you have to name your five addictions, this should be fun!



The rules of this award are:


1. You have to pass it on to 5 other fabulous blogs in a post.


2. You have to list 5 of your fabulous addictions in the post.


3. You must copy and paste the rules and the instructions below in the post.


Here are 5 of my favorite addictions:


1. This is a new for me, and I am not sure if it is an addiction or a punishment...the Stairmaster at the gym. I have started doing it for 25 minutes when I get to the gym. I feel awesome after I am done!! Tons of sweat and lots of calories burned, the best part is watching your favorite shows while you climb.


2. Along with fitness, another addiction I have developed is drinking Propel fitness water. It has a lot less calories than Gatorade, and it doesn't make me more thirsty like Gatorade can at times. It only has 25 calories for the whole bottle...the strawberry/kiwi flavor is yummy!


3. Reality TV has to be on this list. I don't know why I am such a sucker for all of it!! From Realworld to Project Runway...it is so addictive. I love to turn on my favorite tivoed shows and make cards, while the baby is napping. Fun times!


4. Picking up the house is such an addiction. I really can't rest until everything is picked up...things in the office, stuff in the kitchen, must all find it's place. It is so annoying at times. I wish I could look past some of it and relax, but I just love a neat house!!


5. Books, last but not least. I get so addicted to books. I will be up all hours of the night trying to finish them. Then I am so sad when they are over. I just finished The Last Lecture. If you haven't read it, amazing!!



Here are the 5 fabulous bloggers that I am going to hand this out to:
1. Christy at Cakerwalkers...I found Christy's blog through Lifelong Playdate, and I have become totally addicted! She is so funny, and I love seeing pics of her two cutie pies!

2. Krystyn from Really are you Serious? She just had a new little baby and they are just too cute!

3. Heather from A High Heeled Mama Heather is so crafty and a wonderful photographer!

4. Kristen from La Dolce Vita She is so creative, I love her necklaces!

5. My sister Lindsay at The Whitcomb Family! Love you!!

Congrats Mommies for making me laugh and smile!!

Favorite Things Part II


I am so excited, a new season of Top Chef starts tonight!! YAY!!



I am in love with this beautiful piece of furniture from my Grandmother's house. It is an old secretary, and I love all it's little compartments. Perfect for the kitchen to keep up with coupons and mail, etc. Definitely my new favorite thing!






I love these ProBug Organic Milk Drinks for Bradley!

He loves them and they are so good for him too:)






I love new clothes, here is the new black sweater I just got from Ann Taylor Loft. I have worn it with a gray shirt and black shirt underneath. With some fun colored flats...perfect for fall!


Well, I am hoping that Chris reads this post before my birthday! I am in LOVE with these Uggs that fold down. Chris bought me the first Uggs a few years ago, and I still wear them. I love them! I keep telling him they were such a good investment. I really want these in chocolate brown with some skinny jeans and a big sweater, yay!




I love my "Line In" for my Ipod in my car. I can just plug it in and listen to my favorite songs throughout the car. Whoever invented this is a genius!









Pictures...old and new! I just bought all of these frames and I am putting together a wall of old and new pictures. I love the high school picture of my mom on the left, beautiful! I found some black and white pictures of my Mom when we were cleaning up my Grandma's house. My mom and I are getting them made into actual pictures, since it was just paper proofs that we found. I can't wait to get them, and add them to the collection. I am hoping to collect some from Chris's side of the family so that we can have all of the family included!



12 comments:

Candy said...

love love love the idea of hanging old pics with new ones!!!

Lindsay said...

ooo yay thanks for tagging me :-) I love all of the photos and frames you got from Grandma's house. You are right that secretary totally satisfies your need for everything to be in a certain place!

amanda said...

yay for your award!! and yay for all of your big winners :)

thanks for sharing some more of your favorite things...looks like i might need to go shopping!!

Kellan said...

That secretary chest is beautiful and I love those Uggs!

Have a good day - Kellan

Christy said...

Congrats on your award, and thanks for passing on the love:)

Carly said...

Im jealous that you can list "working out on the stair climber" as a favorite thing. And the fact that you can do that stupid machine over 10 minutes! You rock!!!

By the way, I love, love, love Bradleys party inviations. They are just precious!

Heather said...

Congrats on you award!!! And thanks for passing it on!

I love those shoes on your favorite things list. I love me some warm comfy shoes.

Lisa@verybusymomwith4 said...

Yay on the award :)

I am totally onto Top Chef too--I am thinking Stefan might have this one in the bag (but then I do have Finnish roots so I might be biased ;) )

Neat list :)

Chelle said...

I love reality tv, books, picking up, top chef, those boots...

I love everything you listed :)

Awesome list, girl :)

The Taylor Family said...

My niece just bought those UGGS and loves them. They are so cute!

Love,
Jen

Indy said...

Fun post to read. I love my ipod plugged into my car too. Addicted to it and my tunes. Also, reading Last Lecture right now. Love it.

Laural Out Loud said...

Congrats on your award!! I'll have to check out some of the blogs you passed it on to.

I LOVE the secretary desk! I've always wanted one. I envision it in my bedroom tucked into a corner- my own private writing station. Then I can LOCK IT UP from prying eyes, lol.