Tuesday, October 21, 2008

What Could Be More Fun?

I just wanted to thank everyone for their kind words and uplifting comments that were left from my last post. It meant so much to Chris and I to see all of the support we have out there (even though we haven't met all of you!:) I loved what my Dad commented, and it is so true! He read these song lyrics at our wedding anniversary:

Clare & Chris,

Remember back to that blast we had down on the farm at that "Southern Living" setting (your Wedding Reception)? During my long winded speech I quoted Green Day:
Another turning point;
a fork stuck in the road.

Time grabs you by the wrist;
directs you where to go.

So make the best of this test
and don't ask why.

It's not a question
but a lesson learned in time.

It's something unpredictable
but in the end it's right.

I hope you had the time of your life.

It still applies. Love Dad.

Thank you Dad! Reading that really brought me back to all of the trials and hard times that Chris and I have endured together. We can get through anything, especially with a side kick like Bradley!! Now on to the fun stuff...I promise to throw in some uplifting posts soon!


What could be more fun that riding on a beautiful merry go round as many times as you want??

Maybe sliding down the "haychute" with Daddy over and over and over again, until Daddy's poor bottom gave up. Then Mommy and Uncle Shawn took you down...


Could anything be more fun than bowling with soccer balls in the freezing cold??

Or giggling at your silly cousin in his doggy costume?? Sammy you are tooo CUTE!

What about swinging with Uncle Shawn, in the freezing cold, windy weather??

Maybe milking a wooden cow with Daddy, now that sounds like a good time:)

I think feeding the goats with Uncle Shawn might of been your favorite part!

Or chasing Uncle Shawn through the mini corn maze!

What about riding on your very own tire made horsey thingy?


Bumping around with Mom on the cow train, that was a blast! Ouch!

Then Mommy made Daddy do it!


The best part of all was picking your very own pumpkin, "Mommy I like THIS one!"


"Will you help me carry it to the car?"




11 comments:

Carol said...

Gorgeous pics.

I feel for you. It took us 18 months to conceive 1st time and every month I would convince myself I felt different so must be pregnant and I never was. I ended up getting pregnant the month I was supposed to start IVF, with Eli I got pregnant on the 1st attempt.

Now we're trying for number 3 and no luck yet. But trying to remember to enjoy what I have for now until the time comes.

Lindsay said...

I had a blast hanging out w/ you last night! Dad is right (as usual)! Love all of the pictures from the pumpkin patch :-)

Carly said...

You three do teh funniest things together! The farm looks like a blast. Love the moooo train. Hang in there and keep trusting in Gods timing! And, enjoy a quiet house. #2 for Julie has not been a breexe. Trent is still not sleeping through the night....

Thanks for the sweet, beautifully crafted, handmade bday card!!!

amanda said...

wow honey that looks like an awesome pumpkin patch!! sooo much to do!!

great pictures :)

Heather @ A Boy, A Girl, A Pug said...

Looks like a wonderful time! Soooo jealous!

Jenny said...

what a great msg. by your dad. it is so true...
looks like you guys had a wonderful time at the pumpkin patch!

Susan said...

What a great dad you have!
Wonderful pictures. Nothing a good time with your husband and beautiful son to remind you of the amazing blessings you have.

Mamasphere said...

We haven't been trying for number two for long, but once you cross over into wanting it, every moment seems so much longer than before. It's so hard to wait!

Great pictures. You have a lovely family!

Christy said...

The Green Day song was perfect. And the pictures are adorable.

Katie said...

Looks like you all had a blast. Great pictures!
Have a great weekend.
Love,
Katie

Liam's Mom - Gina said...

So many fun activities for your little guy! October is just a fun month, isn't it? I love it! But I've run out of ideas and Liam's birthday is tomorrow! I am thinking the bowling is a GREAT idea!