Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Randomness Part II and Awards!

Recently I posted about some randomness in our lives and I thought I would share some more with you... (long post, sorry)





My sweet sister Lindsay gave me the "Smile Award" the other day! Thank you Lindsay, I love you and YOU make me smile! Here are the smile rules:


Here are the characteristics of the Smile Award:
~You must display a cheerful attitude.
~You must show love to others.
~You must make mistakes.
~You must learn from others.
~You must be a positive contributor to blogging.
~You must love life.
~You must love kids.


Here are the rules for the Smile Award:
~You must link back to the award creator. (Oops...I don't know who the award creator is!)
~You must post the rules if you are a recipient.
~You must choose 5 people to pass the award to.
~You must fit the characteristics of the award.
~You must post the characteristics of the recipient of the award.
~You must create a post sharing your win with others.
~You must thank the giver of the award.




Passing on some smiles to my favorite new blogs:



1. Katie from The Arnold Archives has been blogging for a while, and always has fun stories to share about the cutie pie Pierce! Pierce and Bradley like to play together, or should I say the mommies like when Pierce and Bradley play together;)



2. Sara my 'big sister' in my sorority has a fun blog The Justice Family. She is in her third trimester right now, and it is so fun to read her pregnancy stories:)



3. Mamasphere is a blog that I know a lot of you read, but she is always funny and witty about motherhood. I love it!



4. Candy at Everyone Has a Story to Tell; This is Ours is a great and inspiring blog to read. Mother of three and training for the NYC marathon, need I say more!!!



5. Jay from Halftime Lessons has an AWESOME blog! I hadn't visited many daddy blogs and it is such a nice perspective on parenthood. He just did a wonderful post on Monday titled Dance Like No One is Watching...must read!!!



In other randomness...we brought Chinese over to my parent's house and went out on the lake the other night. It was so beautiful out and relaxing. Bradley had a great time with Pop pop driving and honking the horn on the boat!




I bought these wall clings at Bed, Bath, and Beyond the other day. They had them for Halloween and Christmas. Bradley LOVES them! He moves them from window to window around the house. Yes, that is the Pooh costume hanging up. I am trying get him to put it on as much as possible, since he currently HATES putting it on! I don't want him to be tantruming for the entire Halloween celebrations...(any suggestions??)

We did a ton of yard work and Bradley was in tractor heaven! Chris rented a bobcat for the weekend to move a pile of gravel that had been sitting in the driveway for almost the whole summer. We live on 6 acres and it is so hard to get yard work done when you have a little one at home. Anyway, I digress, Chris worked for the entire day on Saturday and Bradley ran from window to window in the house screaming, "DADDY TRACTORRRR!!!" It was so funny, each time he would see him he would squeal with excitement. Even though Chris carried the same stone to the same place under the deck...very exciting for a toddler!


Then Bradley got his turn on the tractor...can we say TODDLER HEAVEN!!


I made him smile, can't you tell??


All the hard work completed...now we just have to power wash the back of the house and we are finished with the project...orrrr Chris is finished with the project that is! We also organized, cleaned out, swept up the ENTIRE garage. I didn't get the before shot, but I am sure you can imagine everything that was hanging up in a pile, along with a winter worth of leaves and sticks....so much better! (I did help with this project for the record)

Some new cards I put together recently...






15 comments:

amanda said...

i don't know what it is about the little birdie cards - but i love them friend!

so cute!

Lindsay said...

aww love that picture of Bradley on Pop Pop's lap! All of the work you guys did looks great! Can't wait to see you on Thursday! You have any plans before the make and take? Call me when you have some time tomorrow.

Candy said...

wow- THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

gosh, it will be REALLY HARD to choose just five people to give this to.

(i'm lovin your new pics btw;-)

Mamasphere said...

WOW! This is an awesome award! Thank you SO much. I have an awards post coming up, and I'll add it to the list.

Your son is the luckiest little boy ever- riding in a tractor!!

So... how do we order those cards? I can't remember- do you have an etsy shop?

Carly said...

Your new cards are FABULOUS!!!! Love the colors and the little birdie! The yard and garage look great:)

Carly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Gerster Family said...

Thanks for stopping by! Your boy is so adorable! :) Annnd....I love the new cards you made. Really nice!

Jenny said...

what great randomness! i love the pics..it is so nice when stuff gets organized, you just feel like you can breath a sigh of relief.
how did your interview go the other day?

Katie said...

Thanks so much for the award, Clare. It was great to see you guys today. Thanks for stopping by! Looking forward to making these cards tomorrow.
XOXO,
Katie

Christy said...

Congrats on your award, your boy is looking super adorable, and those cards are too freaking cute!

Liam's Mom - Gina said...

I'll have to go check out those new blogs! Fun!

I got some window clings for Halloween and Liam loves them too. Especially in the car.

Lisa@verybusymomwith4 said...

I love those cards--so creative and congrats on the award and to the new winners :)

3 Peanuts said...

Hi Calre,

Looks like a busy and productive fall. Love the pumpkin carving and the tractor photos.

Kim

Anonymous said...

Hey,
Just so you don't think a complete looney is posting a comment - I went to high school with Chris. "Christoff" and I suffered through years and years of French classes together with Mr. Holman. He looks exactly the same - I'd have recognized him anywhere! I'm way behind so congrats on the marriage and a handsome little boy!
Maxine Ellis Zanfardino
maxine.zanfardino@mgclaw.com OR
MxnEllis@aol.com

The Mrs. said...

Landon would looooove all the tractors!!! Love the cards!