Monday, October 27, 2008

Friends New and Old

We moved to our little town almost 2 and 1/2 years ago. It is hard to believe that it has been that long. It takes a while to adjust to a new place and make a new home. I left many high school and college friends when we moved. I am also a 'city' girl as my hubby would say, so living on a six acre lot is definitely a change from our last neighborhood.

As the years pass on you begin meeting new friends and start having new 'favorite' places to eat. This weekend we got the best of both worlds. Friday night we booked up the babysitter and headed out to one of MY favorite restaurants here. It is a local tapas place. The atmosphere is fun, the food is amazing, and the friends were the best part. If you read the blog often, Larken is Bradley's little friend that we get together with a lot. Well, the Mommies thought it was due time for some wine and laughter sans babies. Cali and I had a blast ordering from the menu and discussing the ideas of raising chickens and gardens in our back yard, hmmmm?

Let's just say that Rick and Chris discussed football, and the money we (cali and I) will spend trying to feed our children organic food. What a great night!



Saturday morning we packed up the car and headed over to visit one of my good friends from college. Retta and Austin hosted us for the weekend, and of course their adorable twin boys! Once the children were snuggled up in bed, we headed out to their amazing patio with a fireplace. We had some drinks and laughed and talked about being parents... Thank you Retta and Austin!


Lori, Retta, and I sitting outside by the fire.



The adorable boys, Jackson and Matthew.

Jackson throwing out his new Virginia Tech football I brought for them. He looks like a real football player here!


All the babies playing on the couch, I thought this was so cute!




It rained most of the weekend, and we had planned a trip to the pumpkin patch.
So, instead we dressed up everyone and had a little costume parade inside.



Aren't they so cute?




10 comments:

Jay @halftime lessons said...

Such a fantastic family...and your curls are beautiful!

Jay

Lisa@verybusymomwith4 said...

You got him in the Pooh costume :)

I love tapas--sounds like a fun night for all :)

Lindsay said...

Awww looks like you guys had a blast! I love Bradley in his Pooh costume! I can't believe how much Retta's boys have grown! They are adorable :-)

Carly said...

So, so, so cute! Were you eating at Mas? It was one of our favorite restaurants too! We loved the bacon wrapped dates. The boys are just adorable. Bradley seems to be liking the Pooh Bear costume:)Glad y'all had a fun weekend! Its cold here today, so I know it must be chilly in Charlottesville!

amanda said...

ok this is the second post i have read today that has me humming the girl scout song...make new friends but keep the old!!

looks like you had a wonderful friend-filled weekend :)

The Mom said...

what fun times! the kids on the couch (costumes and lined up) is adorable! I love good friends!

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet post, Clare! We love you guys and are SO glad that you've chosen Charlottesville as your home. It certainly wouldn't be the same here without you! Cali

Christy said...

We moved to NJ about 2 1/2 years ago too. Although I had a slow start, I am so glad we moved. I have so many lovely friends now. I barely miss KY at all (except for my family - of course).

And the Pooh costume is too freaking cute!

Heather @ A Boy, A Girl, A Pug said...

Sounds like a great time!

Love those costumes!

Liam's Mom - Gina said...

Sounds like a the perfect weekend! Time out alone with friends, friends and kids and costumes! Awesome!