Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Favorite Things Part I, Including First Ever Blog Contest!!

One of my MOST favorite things is the Real Simple Magazine! I have been getting it since Chris and I got married. Well, they just sent me a free subscription! I also know that I get almost 100 views a day, but I don't know who you are! Leave me a comment, I would love to see who are the diaper fans are out there:) If you would like to get it, leave a comment in the comment section by 12 pm Thursday night! I will announce the winner on Friday! Good Luck:)

Chris and I went to see Chicago last night! It was such a great show. He bought me season tickets to all of the Broadway shows that are coming to our area. We had a great date night! Thanks Mom and Dad for watching Bradley!



Just started buying these Pringles Stix recently at the store and Bradley LOVES them! They are the perfect snack, and are only 80 calories for all the weight watching Mommies out there!





Weird, BUT TRUE, I am recently OBSESSED with banana peppers!!!! I don't know when this started, but I think they are wonderful. I usually always eat a turkey sandwich with low fat mayo on wheat for lunch EVERY day. Now, I load up my sandwich with some spicy and sweet peppers and I have never been happier! Apparently it doesn't take much to make me smile:)





Bradley's MOST favorite book for the past 6 months is hands down, "The Wheels on the Bus." He has this exact one which is written by Raffi. I used to use this book with my first graders. It was very well loved by them, and held together by staples. I guess I could get Bradley a new copy, but I love thinking of all of the kids that have flipped through it!





Bradley is going to be..........Pooh for Halloween! He has become obsessed with Pooh since our trip to the beach. He watched the classic movie on the way down and back. Since then Pooh is very popular around here. Well, until I got the costume in the mail. He is so SCARED of it, and will scream if I try to get him to put his legs in it! I know it is not funny, but I find it hilarious. Hopefully we will be over the Pooh costume phobia in a few weeks! Any other children have this problem out there??



Kristin, this favorite thing is just for you! When I had my Mommy vacation in July, I met up with my best friend Kristin from California. She had the best lip gloss, and guess what, it is Burt's Bees! I love mine, and you will love it too! (You can get them at Target or CVS)





Bradley LOVES Yo Baby Yogurt and drinks. He calls it, 'baby' as he pulls it out of the frig. It makes me happy, because he drinks very little milk.



I love these flats that I bought recently at Target. I have worn them to work and to the engagement party the other weekend. They are super comfy, but make me feel like I am wearing something really trendy! Only $20 too!


I know all of you curly haired readers are dying to know what I put in my hair:) Well, one of my most favorite things is Quidad Hair products! The founder of the company has curly hair herself, and all of their products are so amazing. She also has a curly hair cut that I have been getting for about 5 years. It totally changed the way I do and style my hair. It takes out more than 50% of the weight! AMAZING!






23 comments:

cpullum said...

Please enter me! I would love it!!
carla

The Mom said...

What a fun post!! My K LOVES the Wheels on the bus too! Your cutie is going to look adorable in that Pooh costume!

;)

christy said...

The Pooh costume is too freaking cute. I love looking at all the costumes at Target. I can't wait to dress my kids up!

Carly said...

This is such a fun and cute post! I think you should do one of these a month! Love the Target shoes too! Hope y'all are doing well. Miss you bunches:)

Amanda said...

Hey, thanks for visiting my blog! You've inspired me to do a favorite things post!

Allyson said...

Hi, Clare!
I check back most days when I am on the couch watching TV because I love the pictures of Bradley. Hopefully I will meet him someday soon! (I was sad I couldn't make Addisan's b-day party, it was my nieces baptism). Please enter me! Miss you. We need to plan a date to catch up soon!

Heather Taylor said...

I got a Real Simple subscription for a year as a gift and I couldn't get over how much I loved it. I keep most of the old ones because they have such great ideas and recipes! I'd love to be entered into your contest!

AND...I'm so glad you posted what you use in your hair! I meant to ask you last night and forgot! Had I read your post first I would have known! :)

Katie said...

Oooo...pick me, pick me! :) Cute post. Hope to see you soon!

amanda said...

love all your favorite things friend. especially real simple - there is nothing like getting their new magazine every month!

btw - did you get the latest real simple family?? best ever!!

Jay @halftime lessons said...

You have a beautiful family, and a great blog...way to go!
Cant wait to check in on you again!
Jay

Mamasphere said...

This is a great list! I'm sportin' some new $20 Target shoes, too, but mine are hip like yours, just plain black mary janes. Hmmm, maybe I need just ONE more pair?

I love Real Simple- sign me up to win!

Lisa@verybusymomwith4 said...

How neat--you have great taste and I love that Pooh costume!

Kristen Andrews said...

what a fun post. Real Simple is my favorite mag also. Will is being a cow!

Susan said...

I have never looked at Real Simple, though I am pretty sure that I would love it. (I know...shocking!)
My son is also a lover of Wheels on the Bus and yogurt. I freeze yogurt into "pops" too. Then I don't feel bad about giving him a frozen treat.

Anonymous said...

Hey Clare. Jackson & Matthew love the Wheels on the Bus book too. They're obsessed with making the swish, swish, swish movement! I hope Bradley gets over his fear of Pooh:) Love, Retta

Lauren said...

Oooh fun. Haven't been to Target in a while but I may have to run over there for those shoes. Cute! Can't wait to see Pooh. Haven't figured out what Ev will be yet.... =)

Laura said...

I hear you on the YoBaby! Sydney screams when she sees the container!

3 Peanuts said...

I LOVE reading people's favorite things....cute shoes. i have been thinking about you lately and need to call you.

Love,
Kim

Chelle said...

I love Real Simple! I swear it is the best magazine ever!

I don't know if I have ever tried a banana pepper...but now I must try it!

And the Pooh Costume?! Ohmygosh!! How adorable is it?! I can't wait to see pics from Halloween :)

Thank you for the contest!

Lindsay said...

Love your favorite things list! I gave you award on my blog :-) and sent people to this give away as well :-) Love you XOXOXO

quitecontrary1977 said...

I eat up all my daughter's yo baby all the time!

Haasiegirl said...

my nickname was pooh growing up..im 30 and my family STILL calls me that.

trisha
momdot.com

The Justice Family said...

Too cute!!! You are right, those pringles sticks are amazing. My sister introduced me to them...it's like eating butter. YUM! :)