Wednesday, September 17, 2008

No He Didn't!!

This is going to be a long post, but there has been so much happening over here. Sorry if it is a little depressing, but I am just venting and being honest. NO sugar coating!

We are all having a hard time recovering from vacation! Mommy, baby, Daddy, EVERYONE! Bradley was MORE than difficult last week, and on top of everything we had going on, it was tough! We decided to have Chris stay home with Bradley, and I drove up to the funeral with my family. Last year when Poppy passed, we all went up to the funeral. He was so little and I just didn't get a chance to really grieve with watching out for him. So, it gave me some much needed time to cry and grieve over the loss of both grandparents. I was able to use some of my last post to read at the funeral some of my favorite memories of Grammy. I will miss her dearly!

Once I got back late Thursday night, Bradley had come down with a runny nose. I was off and on in tears on Friday morning while we headed to our music class. We had already missed the first class while we were at the beach.

So, I headed off to class. Bradley spent most of the music time off and on crying and wanting to just be held. It wasn't too long, and they bring out toys afterward so we hung around for the playgroup. You would think that he would find thirty plus children in a church gym overwhelming, but not Bradley. After all of the fussing during music he ran around found cars to push and everything was going better. THEN someone took HIS car, and the tears started. Let me remind you that I had just gotten home from the funeral late the night before. NOT. HAPPY.

I distracted my adorable, snotty nosed child with a fun tractor. Which he walked around clinging it to his chest...CLEAN UP TIME! Whose child was red faced, SCREAMING NOOOO, and holding on to his toy for dear life at clean up time? THAT IS MY CHILD! A kind church worker asked him to put it in the bucket. NOOOOOOOO!!! MINNNNE!

Oh, No He Didn't! This is going to be a FUN day. I had to literally get out the jaws of life to take the tractor and put it in the bucket. Turning two is SO much fun! I scooped him up, headed to the car, and I am wondering if I should show my face there on Friday??!!

In other news, Bradley started feeling better by Monday. So, he went to his third day of preschool on Tuesday and I headed to my NEW JOB!! Yes you read that right! I am teaching part time for a few hours while Bradley is at preschool. It was a wonderful day, the kids are adorable. I am working with ESOL (English as a Second Language) Kindergarten students. They are too sweet, and I think it will be a great fit!

So that pretty much sums up the past week, a lot of tantrums, tears from everyone and time at home! I included some pictures from the beach...just so that I can remember that there were some sunny days and good times recently. I know that the clouds will clear and things will be good again. It is just one of THOSE weeks...












12 comments:

Lindsay said...

I am not looking forward to that time with Sammy.. You will get through it.. just think of the first couple of weeks when Bradley wasnt napping or sleeping good.. it could be worse..

Love you!! Can't wait to see you tonight!

LazyCrazyMama said...

What awesome pictures. Sorry to hear about your loss. It is very difficult to be able to grieve with little ones to watch out for.
Ugh, and we have runny noses here!! It is all over the blogosphere :)
Congrats on the teaching job!! I also just got a part-time teaching job - teaching one class at a community college. I took lots of classes having to do with bilingual education, your new job will be very intersting! Good luck!

The White House said...

Hang in there, toddler boys are super challenging! I am sorry that you had a tough week and hope that next week is easier. Great beach pictures!

Thanks for coming by my blog.

Ann said...

Oh Clare,
I am just so sorry.
Do your best to take things one step at a time.
Be good to yourself now.
You deserve it!

Kristen Andrews said...

great pictures! Will is almost three and the tantrums are worse now than at 2, he is just more vocal. Whenever we have classes Will is always the one that wants to do his own thing. I am right w/ you the tantrums are enough to just break you! Ugh on tantrums!

Lisa@verybusymomwith4 said...

Love the pics! I hope you are doing better :)

And trust me, when your kid is out of control, you are making ALL the other mommies happy because it distracts attention from whatever their children are doing :)

amanda said...

hang in there friend :)

hugs!!

Jodee Leader said...

Adorable beach pictures!

Sorry to hear you've had a rough week. Hang in there!

Mamasphere said...

Don't worry about his behavior at all! I mean, every single other parent there has dealt with something similar, so go show your face and have a good time.

Sounds like things are starting to look up again.

CMG's Mom said...

I am laughing about your play date experience b/c I have been there, done that, more than once at that age! Oh the memories! Mostly mine are from Little Gym classes...sometimes I was suprised they ever let us come back there!
Laura

Carol said...

You gotta love boys!!

You know all your pics are just gorgeous. It looks fabulous.

I'm glad you got a little grieving time to yourself too honey.

Heather @ A Boy, A Girl, A Pug said...

Those damn two year olds! It will get better, he's just exerting his independence. Silly boys!