Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Camels and Zebras and Llamas, Oh My!

We are finally feeling better from a last week...whew, that one almost did us in!

Last weekend we went to the "Safari Park" that is about and hour and a half from our house. We had a BLAST!!! You travel the park in your CAR!! It is so funny, the animals come right up to your window and feed out of buckets. There were tons of different kinds of animals, and Bradley is starting to get really interested in animals. The pictures are hilarious!

Bradley spent most of the trip on Chris's lap. He was originally sitting with me, but I kept letting out little yelps, and I think I was scaring him. Daddy was probably a better fit for this type of trip! Here they are feeding a huge elk!

I love Bradley's face in this picture. This is right when we got there, and he is almost saying to Chris..."What is this place??" "Where did you bring me??"


The zebras come right up to your car. There were a bunch of baby zebras.
Bradley was saying, "Baby Zebra, Baby Zebra!"




OK, this was Scary!! This huge camel just stuck his entire head into our car. He actually came in farther than this! Chris had to push him out! Bradley did not like this part at all!


Huge camel, eating the BUCKET of food!



There is a great petting zoo too, and we had to stop by for a visit!









10 comments:

Lisa@verybusymomwith4 said...

I'm glad everyone is feeling better :)
I love those drive-in safaris--spooky when the animals get a little too close though ;)

amanda said...

yay for feeling better :)

and the drive thru adventure - sooo fun - ok only if i am in the back seat!!

great pics!

Lindsay said...

looks like you guys had a blast. We still need to make it there before the season closes :-)

Jenny said...

what an amazing experience for you all! that looks like such fun...i wish we had something like that here! i am jealous!

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are crazy. I'm a chicken, I would have been freaking out with those animals so close. Where was this Safari Park? We went to the farm on Sunday where I want to take you when you come up here next month. I know Bradley would love it! Can't wait to see you:)

Love,
Retta

Carly said...

Om my goodness, that camel is HUGE!!!! What a fun weekend! I love the baby zebras:) Miss y'all!!!

Susan said...

That looks like a great place. My son would love it! Well, minus the huge unwelcome camel in the car.

Thanks for stopping by my place. I will be back to visit yours. I actually can't believe I haven't been here before considering we visit so many of the same blogs.

Krystyn said...

Wow, what a fun trip! It looks amazing.

Heather @ A Boy, A Girl, A Pug said...

Next time you go would you mind taking Kyler? He would love it!

Liam's Mom - Gina said...

I wish we had a drive thru zoo like that! That camel muzzle in the window had me laughing! Scary indeed!