Wednesday, September 24, 2008

An Apple A Day.....isn't working at our house!

I guess the storm was brewing this weekend, when we headed out to a local apple orchard to collect some wonderful fall apples. Everyone was feeling great on Saturday. But, then the storm hit on Monday. When Daddy said he didn't feel well, and both of my boys woke up on Tuesday morning with a spiked fever. Chris had some sort of stomach bug, but I wasn't sure what was wrong with Bradley. He had had a runny nose, but all of the sudden he took a turn for the worse. The day was spent with juice, Elmo, and 'chew-chews' (cheerios) on the coach. Chris started feeling better and I thought we were in the clear.

When Bradley spiked another fever this morning, I made my call into the pediatrician. He squeezed us in this morning and Bradley was SUPER fussy. He pretty much cried for the ENTIRE doctors visit. With a prescription in hand and a VERY tired and VERY fussy baby I rushed over to Giant. TEN MINUTES was what they said at the pharmacy. Great!!! I can get some things at the store, and get Bradley home with his first dose of medicine before nap time. Considering he slept from 12 until 4 pm yesterday, I knew that I had a short window of time!

While we picked up bananas and grapes the Giant speaker came on, "We need EVERYONE to evacuate the store, IMMEDIATELY!! Including our employees!!"

I think I have watched way too much television...I am picturing an armed robbery taking place as we speak. I grab my child and purse and start booking it to the front door. Well, I guess it wasn't an armed robber, it was the smell of smoke!

4 firetrucks, 1 trip to McDonald's for sustenance, and 1 1/2 hours later we finally left Giant with our prescription for the Bradley Bear.

Who knew that ear infections and trips to the grocery could be so exciting?!! (I will have to do a post later about our first trip to this EXACT same Giant after Bradley was born...they called in the rescue squad...I think I need to find a new grocery store!)

Here are some of the pictures from the Apple Orchard this weekend:



Love this one of Chris and Bradley!


Maybe eating unwashed apples isn't so good after all??


Larken taking a bite!




Too Sweet!


The view from the top of the mountain!



Mommy and Bradley on the hay ride!


What a great Daddy!



I love this shot, they both look so concerned!



Favorite shot of the day!



Daddies and babies hanging out!


13 comments:

The Taylor Family said...

Love the pics! I am very jealous you got the apple donuts!:) Love,
Jen

Jenny said...

what wonderful pics...yikes about the giant and messing with a sick baby and nap time. i hope that he gets well soon!

amanda said...

love all the apple pics!! looks like a beautiful orchard :)

sorry about the boys being sick - no fun! hope the meds kick in soon!!

Mamasphere said...

The place you went has a stunning view. I wish I lived around places like that.

What an exciting trip to the store! I wouldn't mess around with a loudspeaker message like that one.

Hopefully your boys will feel better soon.

Lindsay said...

Great pictures.. and I think you need to get a new store!! At least for prescriptions :-P I hope Bradley feels better soon!

Heather said...

That store sounds CRAZY!!! I would have been scared and annoyed! Hope he feels better soon!

The apple orchard looks so fun. I love doing fun little family things like that!

Lauren said...

Oooh. So sorry yall are / have been sick. Eveley had had a runny nose this week too and I've noticed her pulling on her ear. Uh oh. We're heading to TX this weekend so I hope it's nothing!

Talk to you soon!

Savvy Mode SG said...

how sweet! looking at these photos make me want to have children. : )

Kristen Andrews said...

well I hope everyone feels better, what great pictures Clare!

Candy said...

you are sooooo lucky to have a local apple orchard!!! We visited one in Great Barrington, MA one year....and I would love to have one local.

GREAT PICS.

Lisa@verybusymomwith4 said...

Lots of trouble to get those meds--wow!

The day at the orchard looks so incredible. Glad y'all had fun!

OHmommy said...

Yay. BEAUTIFUL pictures. We are off to the apple farm tomorrow.

I puffy hear the fall.

Carly said...

These pics are just beautiful! Miss the rolling hills of Virginia. And sweater weather in Sept! You look great!!!