Friday, August 1, 2008

Three Cheers for Mommy Vacation!



I guess I have been extremely lucky in the past few weeks, I have had two "Mommy Vacations" from the Bradley Boo. My best friend Kristin flew in from San Diego for a week, and I decided to make the trek up to see her for a few days. Kristin (in the middle of the picture) and I met in middle school. I was a new student and she knew the ropes. We cheered together and have had many adventures navigating our way through the halls of middle and high school. She moved to San Diego when Bradley was 3 months old and I miss her tremendously!! The three of us made a pact to not let this much time go by between visits. Kristin, I hope to see you at an Oprah Show soon:)


We spent the night over dinner and a bottle (or two) of wine, with tears, laughter, and some yummy food. Within the first hour of visiting we ALL had shed tears at least once. Isn't it amazing that with great friends, no matter how much time has gone by, you just dive right into the good stuff! There is no more small talk, just "real talk." After dinner, more wine, and a slumber party we headed off for a day of shopping. Who could ask for a better Mommy Vacation?



After all my time with the girls, I popped in on Kim and Adam's new condo! It is beautiful in a great location, and they looked so happy. I was their first dinner guest, and they fixed an amazing meal. We had dinner up on the roof of the condo building overlooking the water. One mommy vacation came to an end. We spent the morning at the park, but I felt rejuvenated and relaxed. Thank you Daddy for the vacation!


5 comments:

amanda said...

i want a mommy vacation!!

where do i sign up??

happy weekend friend :)

Lindsay said...

ooo so glad you had a good Mommy vacation. I think I'm needing one soon:-)! Glad you got to see all of your friends!

Anna Grace`s Jie Jie said...

Glad you had fun!

3 Peanuts said...

I am not sure how I missed this one. It looks and sounds like you had a GREAT time:)

Thank you for last night. it was very special:)

Kim

Jodee Leader said...

Sign me up too! What a great vacation!!