Tuesday, August 19, 2008

So Proud (of Lindsay and myself)

Way to Go Lindsay!!

My sister had her first client...Jenny from Happenings of a Little Bubba asked Lindsay to update her blog look with a fun header. Here is what Lindsay came up with...isn't it great??

My sister is the total opposite of me in many ways...but the most glaring is her prow less with the computer and my inability to even attach a document. She already works part time doing IT work, but she has helped me create my blog look. I really encouraged her to try to come up with a blog business that she could help others update their blogs. Well, she started Whitty Design, and I think it is SUCH a GREAT idea! First real customer under her belt (luckily she updates my blog for free:) now she should be on a role. If you want to check it out, click on the link on my side bar!

Tooting my Own Horn...

Right before I left to go out of town this weekend I got an IMPORTANT email~

Dear Clare,

Kia Ora.
Congratulations on passing your Certification Assessment Video and becoming a Les Mills Certified BODYSTEP® Instructor. This certificate means that you have passed the baseline requirements for this program. Please find attached to this email your Instructor Certificate. Congratulations on your achievement!


Kia Kaha

Les Mills Mid Atlantic Assessment Team

My heart was beating so fast when I opened it, but I PASSED PEOPLE!!!! (It has the funny words kia ora because the company is from Australia and that means "hello") Yeah, tons of hard work, lots of hours on my stepper at home screaming to my imaginary class and it is all over.

Now I just need to find a job doing this crazy thing...


14 comments:

Heather @ A Boy, A Girl, A Pug said...

Woo Hoo!

Way to go Clare!

Now maybe you can come whip my booty into shape. Let's wait until after this whole chemo thing though k?

amanda said...

yipppeee for you and your sister!!

high fives all around :)

Lindsay said...

yay WTG Clare! Im so proud of you! All of your hard work has paid off.. now to find a place that wants the best instructor ever :-) hehe!!

The Mrs. said...

Gorgeous header. Your an instructor of what? Me confused!

Lauren said...

Whoo Hoo! Congrats! I'll be heading over ot your basement for my personal step classes soon.

(But not now...with the pregnancy and all the driving, I am flat on my back! Hopefully it won't last long!!)

Carly said...

YAY!!! Way to go Clare! I knew you could do it. So proud of you:)

Ann said...

Congratulations!!!
(And thanks for explaining Kia Ora. I was going to Goggle it!)
I look forward to hearing about your new path.
Can you put a video on YouTube to show us what you do?

Clare said...

I will try and put the video up!!! I have a second copy that is at the gym where I currently trying to get a job...so if I get the copy from them I will definitely upload it!

OFM: Bodystep is an step class that I have been going through the process to try and get certified. It has taken forever, and I just found out the results on thursday!

Heather said...

Great job! Nice to know that all the hard work paid off. Congrats hp

Jenny said...

Wow! That is awesome Clare that you passed your instructor test. I have not heard of it before but it sounds kind of like step aerobics? Am I wrong? Way to go on that. I could not teach a step class that is for sure. no coordination.
Hope you find a job soon. I think you will...health is so...important.
Thanks for the plug for our site too! Lindsay did such a great job! I hope that she starts to get lots of business!

Kristen Andrews said...

Congrats to both of you! Way to go!

Mamasphere said...

Congrats on passing! What are your plans now?

And no wonder you have such a great blog design- your sister is very talented!

Linda said...

Congratulations Clare! I knew you would do it! Let me know when you are teaching a class - I'd love to take it!

3 Peanuts said...

Way to Go Clare!!!! I was wondering if you passed. You worked so hard:)