Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Picture Perfect

Don't worry I'm not usually this sappy but...

a few months ago Chris and I just ran into this wonderful family at church in town we were trying out for the first time. Carly was funny and sweet, Garrett was great and of course little miss Mary Reese was adorable. You know when you just have that feeling that someone is supposed to be your friend? You were meant to run into them THAT day for a certain reason!

See long story short we have been living in our small town for almost two and a half years. Half of that time I was working, the other half staying home. I am still finding my place, looking for the friends to fill our life with memories and playmates for our kids. This is not such an easy task as one would imagine. Our lives are busy now, no more living in sorority houses spending endless hours chatting about boys and parties. No, now we meet at parks and run between screaming kids trying to get in a sentence of conversation here and there. Making friends has always been easy for me. I have made amazing friends through each "phase" of my life, a big group of them are meeting this weekend to watch our best friend get married, (can't wait for that). But, the whole motherhood thing has made this a little more difficult. So, for right now I will take the great friends as they pop along in my life.

Carly was that friend I was looking for, fun, witty, easy going and very caring. Many emails and blog comments were sent back and forth. Our children were meeting to play and our families were sitting down to dinner together. Everything was seeming picture perfect...

Then she writes, "We are moving..." I was crushed. The second friend in a few short weeks to leave our little town for the big city. Carly you will be missed! I hope that the moving and packing finish smoothly and you make it to your big city without a hitch!! We met together on Monday with the babies for a little good bye session. I think there is a road trip in the near future!

Get ready Carly, G, and MR we are coming to visit!

BTW, Carly I stole this picture from your blog!! Love it!



Just had to include this pictures of cousin cuteness!
Bradley and Sammy playing together at the park.
Isn't Sammy adorable? Sammy you are getting SO big!

Bradley, I love your little bum:)

9 comments:

Carly said...

Awww! I am so honored by the kind words you have written! You have been a blessing to my life and I am thankful for the time that we got to spend together. Thanks again for the beautiful stationary; I cant wait to take credit for it:)

Lindsay said...

aww Im sorry another friend is moving away.. that is tough. Its so hard to find great friends with kids similar in age! Love the picture of the boys! Bradley's bum looks so sweet in his cute diaper!

Lisa@verybusymomwith4 said...

Oh I hate when good friends leave :(

That last pic is just adorable though!

Candy said...

What.A.Bummer....to say the least! We have only been here a year, so I understand how it feels. It seems as though so many jobs move around these day, and lives change....and moving is more common among friends. It still hurts though!!

Jenny said...

so...so...cute. it is really hard to meet other moms that you connect with and have children your age. hopefully you will meet some other GREAT moms.
this might sound weird but is Bradley wearing those G diapers? how do those work?? i saw it on the today show a couple of weeks ago. thanks Jenny-

Clare said...

Hey Jenny! He is wearing G Diapers... I love them! But, I think my sister might of convinced me to switch to cloth diapers. But, they have an outer cover (probably like cloth) and then a flush-able insert. They just flush right down the toilet. Very cool, good for the earth, but they don't save you too much $$!

Indy said...

So hard when friends move away...hope you can still be close.

Kristen Andrews said...

what a bummer, it stinks when you meet some great friends and they move! love the diaper pic. I swore I would never let Will run around in a diaper and he does it all the time.

Jodee Leader said...

So sorry to hear you have another friend moving away!