Sunday, August 31, 2008

Beach Babe



We arrived at Myrtle Beach yesterday with enough time to walk down and say "hi" to the waves. We planned on getting here much earlier, but my Grammy became very ill.

It was this exact week a year ago that my Poppy (her husband) passed away while we were on this same beach trip. My Grammy had a corrective surgery this week and then was not recovering very well. My Dad rushed up there on Friday, because things were not looking good. Since I have been pregnant with Bradley our family has lost four close relatives and I wasn't ready to let go of any more.

We decided to wait at home for news from my Dad on Saturday morning. He visited her in the ICU late Friday night and she wasn't well. Saturday morning she was able to get off of the ventilator and said, "I love you" to my Dad. It was such wonderful news when my Dad called that I burst into tears. Bradley was so sweet about it, he ran over and hugged me and said "sorry mommy." We decided to head to the beach as planned and my parents met us here today.

When I get back I will be going up to PA to visit her, hold her hand, and spend some time with her. I am so glad that we were able to see her in July when she was feeling well. She got to visit with Bradley too, even though he was so sick. She is out of the ICU and slowly getting better! We are so happy!

Back to the beach...sun, sandcastles, sea gulls, and sand!



10 comments:

amanda said...

hugs to you and grandma :)

and that last picture is just beyond sweet friend!!

Lisa@verybusymomwith4 said...

Prayers for your sweet grandma!

I am glad you are having a good vacation :)

Heather @ A Boy, A Girl, A Pug said...

Praying for your Grandma here in KS.

Enjoy the beach.

Heather said...

Prayers to your Grandma.

Love that last picture on the beach. Precious!

Mamasphere said...

I'm so glad that your grandmother is recovering now! Sounds like she's a fighter.

Hope you are at peace now and can enjoy your trip!

Indy said...

Praying for your grandma to get better. Enjoy the sunshine and sand. I love MB.

3 Peanuts said...

Have a GREAT time at the beach. I will pray for your Grandma. Miss you,
Kim

OHmommy said...

Prayers and hugs and ENJOY the beach.

Kristen Andrews said...

so glad she is doing better, you guys have been through a lot.

We have been to Myrtle Beach more times than I can count aand hope to go back soon. Enjoy yourself!

Lindsay said...

great post about Grammy.. when are you going to go up there?