Tuesday, July 8, 2008

F.F.F. (Forced Family Fun!)

Growing up my Dad used to say, "Get ready for some F.F.F. this week!" We were usually on our way to the beach or traveling on some vacation, and he thought this was the funniest line ever! Isn't great how much our parent's embarrassed us, I hope to do to the same to Bradley;)

The Fourth of July was definitely filled with some F.F.F., but we might just have to call it Family, Friends, and Fun from now on. My parents live on a lake a few minutes away from our house. So, we spent a great deal of the fourth over at their house visiting with family and playing in the water. Before the weekend got started we grilled out with one of Chris's best friends Trent and his wife Debbie. Much of the night was spent around the kitchen island talking and laughing about different stories. We did some tubing, water skiing, and played in the lake. On Saturday we went down to the farm to celebrate with Kim and Adam, so it was a really great weekend. Here are some of the pics...


Chris and Trent just hanging out!


Me on the tube (I haven't been in a few years since getting pregnant. I was so sore afterwards! What a workout...and my Dad was definitely trying to throw us around!)

My sister, Lindsay, her husband Tim, and little Sammy!


What a sweetie pie!


I just had to cuddle with him for a while on the dock.


Bradley and my Mom (Gigi), as she is now being called by the boys.


My younger cousin Kristine getting ready for her tubing adventure.



Bradley's favorite part of the whole weekend...
Hanging out on the kayak! My Dad took him in it, and he just loved floating around.
His legs just need to grow a few more feet and he will actually fit!


8 comments:

Heather at A Boy, A Girl, & A Pug said...

Oh man I would have been sore too! I haven't tubed in years!

The little ones are absolutely adorable!

Looks like you all had a great time!

Lindsay said...

ooo love the pictures! The bottom left of Bradley in the kayak was my favorite!! We had a lot of fun w/ the FFF this weekend :-)

The Mom said...

So fun, i'm still laughing at FFF!!

Indy said...

I love that. FFF. I will add that to our vocabulary if you don't mind. My upcoming vacation is a FFF, for sure.

Cailin Yates 16785083 Arbonne International said...

Look at you go artsy mom!
I love your pictures and cool "scrappy" buttons or whatever they are
wow, I feel like a total underachiever!!!
and I LOVE LOVE LOVE "FFF"

amanda said...

looks like much fun was had by all :)

and i love your new look!! very cute!

Jodee Leader said...

Cute lake pictures! Your Dad's FFF is hilarious!

Ann said...

I believe I'll start using "F.F.F." if you don't mind?

O.K. now... what day in December is your B-Day?