Saturday, July 26, 2008

Cure for the Common Cold

No, I don't have the cure for the common cold! But, I really wish I did. For now these things are working at our house:

A trip to Toys R Us, in which we got a fabulous tent....
loaded with pillows, blankets, and lots of toys.
(It is also nice when Daddy snuggles with you inside the tent since he has a cold too!)


A new "Choo, choo!" as Bradley would say to entertain me for an hour, I mean five minutes. Mommy picked this toy out, can you tell? (it's made out of wood, doesn't make any noise, stacking and thinking required to play with this toy!)


And then the best thing to cure a cold is this amazing Seasame Street CD player! As we wandered through the aisles of Toys R Us, looking for the perfect toy to distract Bradley from the green snot dripping down his face all day he found this...




Chris and I's arch nemisis! If you see this toy run as fast as you can to the next aisle. Please don't let you tantrum throwing, sick, snotty, one and 1/2 year old pick up this toy!!!

Most. Annoying. Toy. Ever. It plays all tunes of seasame street in country, rock, and hip hop genres. I mean come on people! Please help a parent out!

As soon as Bradley feels better I am hiding it in the basement.

If you really do have a cure for the common cold please feel free to send any ideas to me!

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

oo the tent looks like so much fun! We made it out to the farmers market and got some delicious produce.

I hope the guys start to feel better soon and I will stay away from the elmo CD player!

The Mom said...

Oh no, get well soon and take the batteries out!!

McMommy swears by Juicy Juice!

amanda said...

wish i had some words of wisdom friend...but i am clueless :(

but the tent looks like a lot of fun!

hope bradley is feeling better soon!

Jodee Leader said...

Summer time colds are the worst! I hope your boys are feeling better soon! In the meantime, I agree -- take those batteries right out!

Carly said...

I love this blog! I hope the boys get to feeling better soon. And, I will definitely take your advice on the Sesame Street toy; the last thing I need to do is get one of those songs stuck in my head! Love and miss you and am ready for our next outing!

The White House said...

Hi Clare, hope your little guy gets better soon. I don't think that many toy companies think about parents' sanity. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Kristen Andrews said...

I am w/ you I have had a sick kiddo all week, we went and got a new tent this week also. I swear I have spent more money on "feel better" stuff for Will than I ever have. summer sickness stinks!