Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Coffee House Mambo...

Coffee houses everywhere are filled with stay at home moms, attempting to drink a cup of joe and relax for a few minutes with other mommies. Melissa and I attempted a trip today at our local, kid friendly coffee place. The boys were entertained by the new toys for about 15 minutes...really a minor miracle. Many other Moms were there with their toddlers, and we spent a great deal of time saying, "Share!" "She had that first!" "Give it back please?!" All the while trying to drink a smoothie and having some time to chat. It really felt like I was sitting down and then running up to grab something from Bradley every few minutes. Brayden did really well, but it didn't take Bradley long to start going into the bathrooms, and running to the front door saying, "Outside, outside!" Life with an 18 month old can be trying at times. This week has been a little tougher than most...Oh, it is only Tuesday?

We went to tumble buddies yesterday and we were having a great time until....a big bad four year old ran Bradley over on the gymnastics mat. Well, he cried for the rest of the time there, and wouldn't let me put him back down to play. Every time I tried he would pull his legs up towards me like a little monkey. Needless to say we had an early nap yesterday!

I know that this season will pass, and for each moment of fussiness there are so many moments of joy. Just like this weekend when Chris brought him into the house, and his little croc feel off on the ground. Bradley said, "Daddy, my shoe!" Chris came running into the house screaming, "He said his first sentence!" Priceless...

Okay little Bradley, next time we are at the coffee shop, can Mommy at least finish one sentence without saying..."Come back," "No, we aren't going outside!" "Don't eat that chip off the floor!"




I confess, we had some adorable moments too! Here are some pictures Melissa snapped of Bradley on the big turtle play thing that the boys were climbing on. Melissa takes the best pictures! Thank you!

Kim...we missed you! Happy Birthday Kate! I hope Kate is feeling better!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Its not my photo taking that good...its the adorable subject!!

Carly & Garrett said...

Clare, that Bradley is just precious!!! You are so blessed. Good luck today!

Lauren said...

I finally answered your tag!

Kimber said...

I wish I could have come too but we did not want to get anyone sick! Sounds like even if there was a lot of toddlery behavior going on it was fun! I am definitely in next time. have fun at the beach girls---I will miss y'all:)

Kim

paige said...

thank you for such wonderful comments on my blog!
your little bradley is adorable
xo